“Client requested disconnect”

If I get banned due to this I’m gonna be super upset I’m trying to rank. I keep getting booted from the whole game won’t let me open the app for a while after and it just says “client requested disconnect” like what does that even mean? Did it in comp/QP/arcade and even custom. I’m literally not requesting anything or doing anything to get booted. Flappy Mercy should not shut down a server.

9 Likes

Same. I’ve already been forced two losses in comp due to this. I really hope they reset the competitive season because this is ridiculous.

4 Likes

I literally just made a post about this like 6 mins ago I think something is definitely wrong with comp servers at the moment because I just got banned for this.

5 Likes

Yeah, a few of us are making the same posts. I’m really hoping they see this because for now comp is completely unplayable. I’ve already taken a huge loss to my ranking because of it and I’m pissed. The game can’t even stay open for me

5 Likes

I got suspended because of this dc bug too, played 3 games and both enemy and own teammates kept getting dc’d, blizzard please fix this I just wanna play comp :frowning:

4 Likes

i have an about 5 minute game clip of me getting booted repeatedly from my game. happened to me and two of my buddies. i don’t understand what’s going on but this is messing with my rank and it even suspended me, like wtf!!

6 Likes

Same! I’m having this problem right now. I keep getting disconnected “client requested disconnect” among other disconnection errors. I’ve now got a 3 match -75% xp penalty because of the game booting me consistently.
On Xbox series X

2 Likes

I haven’t get disconnected YET, but tonight I tried to play comp I got 5 matches, 4 of them got people dc from my team or enemy team, so I just gave up with playing today because I’m afraid it will happen to me and then getting banned

2 Likes

Got suspended from comp for the season because of this, I have an xbox clip showing the error, if blizzard had any sort of ban appeal system these things would not have to be issues.

3 Likes

I’ve gotten disconnected from around 6 games of various modes today including vs. AI and even the practice range :expressionless:

1 Like

Same. Got kicked 3 times so did a couple friends definitely a problem.

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Here’s a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Competitive Match Disconnection And Ban. Any help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads would be greatly appreciated.

I wouldn’t take the chance and play. Especially with previous disconnections being taken into account into season 4. I got a season ban because of this yesterday… :frowning:

1 Like