“Applying update” Bug

3rd time now i have gotten it too

1 Like

Yup got this thing yet again. Despite the developers making a post apologizing for this and saying that they had fixed it this still continues to be a thing. Thanks for the empty apologies and promises and ruining my rank some more Blizzard :+1:

1 Like

I just got it again on Xbox. Hadnt happened in a couple weeks. It’s nice we get punished for their failures.

1 Like

I WAS BANNED FOR ALL OF SEASON 2 COMP GAMEPLAY BECAUSE OF THIS. I MESSAGED BLIZZARD SUPPORT AND YOU KNOW WHAT THOSE SCUMS TELL ME? SORRY WE CAN UNBAN YOU OR DO ANYTHING YOU SHOULD PROBABLY GO READ OUR FORUMS AND FIGURE IT OUT YOURSELF THIS ISNT OUR GAME BREAKING PROBLEM AT ALL. I am not playing Apex and other games and will never play overwatch or recommend anyone to play this bs game with a horrible toxic community.

1 Like

Same thing happened to me I left only one due to connection issues but all other times was the applying update bug so now I’m banned for the rest of season which is bull and they won’t do anything to help

1 Like

I just got a random “applying update” screen while queueing for comp. I still heard the sounds of joining the game, and then the error sounds of being afk and being kicked out. Now I’m suspended. Meanwhile the “applying update” screen is still stuck so I had to force quit it at some point.
This probably also results in a lovely loss on top of it that I can’t do anything about. As if comp wasn’t enough of a hellhole already since OW2. Fix your game Blizzard.

1 Like

They will never grant loss forgiveness. They dont grant it when you get a leaver, or when your tank goes 4-14 because they are 5 ranks lower than the rest of the lobby due to matchmaking. Its like these devs have NEVER made or even played a game before. Makes me sad. Could be such a fun game.

1 Like

Still not fixed, I’m currently stuck in this screen.

Fix your game Blizzard.

2 Likes

The same bug from 4 months ago is still not fixed and just got me today (for the first time). I went to play a Competitive Match and got “Applying Update” when I went to play Deathmatch while I wait. It’s been like this, just the circle continually spinning, for 10 minutes now. I’ll try closing the game and starting a new match (perhaps Quick Play to test). I’d hate to think what could happen if it tried to put me in a match during this.

1 Like

It happened to me as well. FM21FW is the code. I was joining the practice range and got the “applying update” screen. I had to leave and got banned and got a loss.

1 Like

Same here… the game is good, but the quality make me frustrated…

1 Like

Just had this today. It is even more annoying because I know on top of the ban it will probably pull down my rank and erase a few hours of climbing.

1 Like

Ok. This has happened to me twice today and I had to take a loss on two different roles. First I have to sit through matches where my teams are arguing or afking and now I have to worry about bugs that make me seem like I’m at fault? No way. Are ya’ll tryin’ to be funny over there Blizzard? Ridiculous.

1 Like

Banned for 15 min. Update screen just froze. Please fix bug and correct ranking along with it!

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Here is a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Competitive Match Disconnection And Ban. Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads regarding these issues.

It’s not worth the ban and rank loss guys lets all just keep bringing this up in forums until a dev takes notice

1 Like

This just happened to me, it’s so frustrating because the devs are almost impossible to get in contact with, and seemingly don’t care about the context of how we got suspended

1 Like

Wow in GM 3 with 3 loses now 4 because of this bug and im going to be penalized and go down a rank fix your game i shouldnt be penalized for your issues

1 Like

It has happened to me 2 days in a row now. This is so frustrating. :sob:

1 Like

Its funny this bug was reported 4 months ago and still noting has been done to fix it. Reasons the game isnt fun anymore 101.

1 Like