Overwatch stuck in failed update/repair purgatory

I opened up the BattleNet Launcher and decided to uninstall the last OW2 Beta in case I needed to have it removed for the new beta. After I uninstalled it, Overwatch said that it needed an update. I clicked the update button but got the error message that something went wrong and to try again. I’ve tried to update multiple times with no luck. I’ve checked the FAQ and Forums and done everything they recommend but still get the same error. I tried scanning and repairing the files : same error. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling : same error. I can’t update or repair the game/ game files, making the game inaccessible entirely.

2 Likes

im having the same problem :(((

1 Like

Hey im not sure what error youre getting but my error is BLZBNTAGT00000BB8, after looking through a lot of forum, i learned that i should try to uninstall and then reinstall the game because something in the games files is corrupted ( Code erreur : BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 - Desktop App Tech Support - Blizzard Forums link to said forum) ill comeback with an update when its installed

Update: it worked for me and i was able to launch the game flawlessly. but i didn’t get a key :frowning:

workedwell for me and hope you get in the beta

I’ve been trying all of that and been in contact with support. Nothings been working.

I’m now having the exact same problem after trying to uninstall and then reinstall the OW2 beta

When I got off last night I noticed that it had logged me out, but I didn’t pay attention to it.

Today I am seemingly stuck in a update/fail or scan and repair/fail loop.

I am reinstalling Bnet launcher and OW1 game now. Hope it works.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.