Open mic reset to push to talk after restart

Every time I close the game and restart my voice chat settings get reset to push to talk instead of open mic. Is anyone else experiencing this?

51 Likes

every time i start the game my open mic is set to push to talk

every single time since the beta ended

some other settings (nvidia boost setting and high precision mouse ALSO carried over from the beta to the main game when the beta ended, but those arent constantly resetting like open mic to push to talk is)

2 Likes

Yes, can over here to report this exact same bug. Has been happening since yesterday’s update. Exceedingly annoying for those of us who use open mic.

+1 for this, really annoying

4 Likes

Bump

I am glad others are experiencing this issue. Thought I was the only one.

I knew I couldn’t be the only person in the world who uses Open Mic and mute/unmute to interact with voice chat. Every time I close the client (1.72.0) the setting resets to Push to Talk.

I’ve made sure to open Overwatch.exe with administrator mode as well as my settings not being set to read-only. I can set other options (like Windowed/Fullscreen and other graphical settings) just fine but Voice Chat Mode just won’t stay to Open Mic.

Is everyone who had this issue also part of the Beta?

confirming, was part of the beta and this issue only started after the beta ended

coincidentally my nvidia reflex settings (video options tab) and my high precision mouse (gameplay options tab) mode settings ALSO carried over from OW2, however those aren’t persisting after every reboot, only the push-to-talk/open-mic setting is

Same here. It switches to push to talk after every game for me. I find it super annoying lol

same issue, no matter what I do, this setting goes back to push to talk

I have the same problem !

Same here. I literally always play in a group with my circle of friends, and we’re all good with open mic (and have the sense to mute if we’re eating/conversing IRL/etc). Having to remember to re-enable it every time I start the game is obnoxious af. Also observed on my wife’s computer/account.

i just reinstalled the game because of this honestly it has me irritated as the installer alone will consume all avaiable bandwith and not sure how to throttle it

I never had this issue until the latest version of Overwatch, now I see it EVERY TIME I start the game. Please contact me if you have any trouble reproducing it. Please fix it right away, roll back to the prior version of OW if needed!

1 Like

Same issue here, was also taking part in the beta.

I have the same problems with Mic being reset to push to talk for open mic.

Can confirm. Also happening to me. Ever since OW2 Beta ended/Remix 2 Started.

Echoing the same issue.

Same issue since Beta ended and Remix 2

Same issue here. I also was in OW2 Beta.

I have the same thing. Mic is always set as open, when I launch the game now it’s set to PTT. Started when the new event launched. I was not in the beta.