Mouse sensitivity was reset forcibly after 07.02.2023 update

I entered game options and figured out that my mouse sensitivity were reset to their closest integer value: 4.2 to 4 and 4.5 to 5. It is now impossible to store float values: while i’m able to set up float number, after i reenter the menu i see the value is again reset to integer.

110 Likes

I’m having this same issue I can’t play the game how I usually do because of it.

19 Likes

Just checked and I have this too. My sensitivity went to 2. From 1.75.

And it wont save to 1.75 now everytume i exit the menu it resets it to 2.0.

14 Likes
  • There is an issue where the Mouse Sensitivity setting may reset to full integers when you return to the setting in your control options.
    • Workaround: This setting will save at your specified value when you leave the control options each time.

Please check for solutions before posting same bugs over and over.

4 Likes

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what does this workaround mean exactly? Does it mean you need to just change your sensitivity once and not go back into the control settings for it not to get rounded again?

6 Likes

You set it up to your desired value, leave settings and it should save. If you go back in, it will round it up again.

7 Likes

This is the first post when using the google search. So it’s a good thing that this has been posted here. Please don’t lecture people when this post is super valuable.

This bug was driving me crazy, I thought it was me at first!

Blockquote Please check for solutions before posting same bugs over and over.

19 Likes

who tf uses google search. Just check the bug forums for your issue. There’s already 587623 other posts about this. Not to mention, there’s an official bug thread with a solution for this.

1 Like

Lol. I do. One simple google search was enough, why would I waltz through the forums and look for it?

That bug shouldn’t even be there in the first place.

This threat was super helpful. Period.

20 Likes

This is also happening for me since the recent update. I have my sensitivity normally at 3.85%. But now the Game is forcing it to 4%… Im feeling very disappointed with this… I have been trying every possible solution I could find on the web, nothing works. Blizzard, can you please look into this ASAP? This is stopping me and everyone else from playing the game of yours.

We need a clear and working fix to this as soon as possible. The game is not working as for now, basically.

6 Likes

I wondered why my aim feels off. It’s really this bug and I forgot the original value. sad

4 Likes

@Blizzard,
When can we expect this problem to be fixed?

1 Like

I see it’s a known bug with a workaround

Yeah I have no clue what any of my settings are, not even vaguely. I’m scared to log in until this is resolved.

4 Likes

Same exact problem. I set it to 3.20 and it rounds up to 3.00. Why would they do that? I cannot express how important it is to be fixed asap. Its driving me insane and it ruins my aim.

5 Likes

same
I had it at 2.12. now it turns into 2.00.
I tried to revert it back but it stay at 2.00.

Seriously UNPLAYABLE.

1 Like

Way more people than come to the forums and hope they see their issue listed… think for a second. chief

3 Likes

Season 4 mid season patch

It is so annoying it made me quit the game on patch day, tried the bug “work around” it did not work at all.
If you have different sensivities for different heroes it just reset the one you just set.

Been playing since ow1 launch despite everything we went trough, this upsets me.

6 Likes

I tested those things, but unfortunately this is a new bug with the same type of symptoms as that earlier bug. None of those solutions works unfortunately. After the latest patch there has been a huge wave of people that now are struggling with this issue.

I would be happy if those fixed worked though :confused:

Here is a link to people on Overwatch’s Reddit page for bugs.

They are speaking of the same recent bug, and its affecting many people.

3 Likes