Mouse sensitivity was reset forcibly after 07.02.2023 update

The biggest problem is that all heroes have rounded values. I don’t remember them all. So a workaround won’t help here. I hope Blizzard can somehow restore the old settings

4 Likes

You can go back, but don’t save without changing it to your decimal value again.

Bro not everyone lives on the forums lol

6 Likes

Replying so blizzard sees this

2 Likes

The workaround doesn’t really work. You can only change settings for one hero and that’s it. As is this game is unplayable on comp. This isn’t that hard to fix, Blizzard. Do it. Now.

4 Likes

this mouse sens bug is really annoying hope blizzard fix it very fast or else i dont play the game till its fixed or till season 4 comes out

2 Likes

worked for me. I just set the individual hero sense 1st, then chose “all heroes” and set main sense. Im fairly sure it worked.

This is a MASSIVE bug!!! I cant believe they havent literally put all hands on deck to fix this ASAP.
Its game breaking.

12 Likes

blizz please fix this now! comp is unplayable …

3 Likes

for sure comp is unplayable when we have this bug i resetted all my control settings bc of that

2 Likes

Mouse sensitivity bug on FPS?
And didn’t even fix it for over a day?

• RIP OW2
14 Likes

btw its just a visual bug if you type your ideal sens it show something else after leaving the control menu but what you type is what sens u have behind the sens it show

from a software developer’s perspective, what could have caused the sensitivity bug to happen if none of the patch notes, from a high level, affects sensitivity?

1 Like

I assume some UI code changes. The slider / number UI element reads the value (on first display), rounds it once and writes it back

I’d assume they previously stored information as floating point (can do decimals), but someone effed up badly and changed the format to integer (cannot do decimals). And looks like there’s two sets of information: one that the sens actually uses and another that is displayed by the UI. And for some weird reason the UI information keeps overwriting the actual sens with its falsely rounded up data.

3 Likes

not everyone are HARDCORE GAMERS like you my friend.

The rounding error also affects the relative aim sensitivity while zoomed settings of Ana, Ashe and Widowmaker.
To play these heroes with familiar settings every time you change to them you now have to go to the options and adjust the settings.
The workaround is not enough. Please fix this asap.

3 Likes

Can confirm I have this issue too. Can’t do 2.25 or 2.3% for my 1600DPI.

1 Like

Can we get some kind of answer from Blizzard about this already?

I do not want to log into the game until it is resolved. This is a very serious and annoying bug.

3 Likes

How does this even happen every ducking update? Last season it was Ashe for me and there was a workaround of putting .99 after your sense but now that doesn’t work and its affecting more heroes. Fix your game Blizzard…

1 Like