Huge Bug: Volume set to 0 when joining party voice

the volume bug where everyone gets their volume set to 0 is now happening more freqently, usually to every single person that i’ve played with (20 people) every single time they join a party, and in addition, sometimes my friends mics now sound like a kazoo, with a lot of clipping and high end. Right before the patch, their mics sounded fine.

3 Likes

How to reproduce:

1. Start Battlenet
  2. Start Hots on EU server
  3. Join a party
  4. Join party voice

What happens:

Usually one or multiple things of the following:

• A) All other party members volume is set to 0
  • B) Only one or some other party members volume is set to 0
  • C) My own voice volume is set to 0

How long has this bug been around?

This bug has been around since the introduction of voice chat, but it was hard to reproduce, because up till now, it was a very rare occurence and nobody was able to find a reproducible cause.

How to workaround this bug:

• All party members must restart hots. Usually it is not required to restart Battlenet.
  • If only one or a few members of the party restart hots, it can be, that the bug still manifests after the restart.

Current new severe intensification of the bug:

SINCE A FEW DAYS, this has changed and the bug triggers basically EVERYTIME I join partyvoice. Furthermore, I am not the only one with this problem!

Since it is now impossible to use the “workaround”, I urge you to have a look at the code related to voice chat and fix it, or if that is not possible, make that part of the code open source, so that others can have a look at it and propose a fix.

@SauceDad69, please change this threads headline to “Bug: Volume set to 0 when joining party voice”

I created a similar post on the European forum: Bug: Volume set to 0 when joining party voice - Technical Support - Heroes of the Storm Forums

Your post here in the US forum leads me to believe, the issue exists on both Americas and European servers.

Whoever is responsible for the latest update should be fired and blacklisted from ever working in the gaming industry again.

All players muted every time we get into party chat. friends are getting messages but the responses aren’t sent, being set to offline when online, not being able to invite people, like what the crap is going on, does anyone have a work around besides restarting?

Hooray, I think this issue can be marked as solved. :slight_smile:

Nevertheless, I think, I found a tiny regression (see here: Regression after last maintenance update: Notification sound for joining Partyvoice does not play anymore - Technical Support - Heroes of the Storm Forums), but the super annoying issues seem to be fixed now! :slight_smile: