Why neglect this game so much?

No, he is right, Murky was in vanilla (not Classic) WoW.

We had a guildy who had the pet, the only time I saw anyone with it. She also had the Blizzard bear mount and Murloc costume.

5 Likes

Huh, would you look at that? Always something to learn.

1 Like

HOTS has barely any lore to critique. To even insinuate the game was affected negatively because of these original heroes seems like quite a stretch. I mean I personally didn’t see a need for it, but I don’t really see the heroes hurting the game either.

As if people stopped playing the game because people freaked out the raven lord had a daughter. Heroes take an extraordinary amount of work either way, whether they’re original or not because they’re all built from scratch specifically for HOTS’s version of that hero. Some minor background story filling is needed, but not really one that would significantly interfere with the design/resources for the game, and would be quite negligible compared to the scope of the entire game. Not as if the person writing the story is animating character models and play testing balance.

I think you are. If you look at any fictional story too hard, there are going to be holes. For me, I don’t really have any issues with the specific examples you’ve laid out. Who’s to say that Widowmaker’s shot was a direct shot that pierced the scope directly into the eye. It could have hit the scope and the shrapnel at an angle that would be far less lethal resulted in the loss of her eye. I also see zero issues with a high mobility time manipulating character to be able to dodge a shot from a sniper vs sniper situation. They’re completely different character strengths.

Don’t get me wrong, some story stuff makes my eyes roll, but I don’t see a problem with mixing tones. Overwatch is cartoonish, but it can have its serious moments too. There’s nothing wrong with that.