Why is the AI complete garbage? When do you guys intend to fix this?

I have played this game for years and I never post in forums. The new AI is awful. If someone disconnects on your team, you lose. There is no work around it. Half of them dont follow you when you ping them. If you manage to get one in your area for a team fight, they stutter step around and dont actually engage, or they dive in 1v5.

This makes matches feel pointless. It makes this game worse. I have stuck around through thick and thin because I have enjoyed the game. However, this AI is making me reconsider even playing anymore.

Unf$%k your company and fix your $h*t Blizz.

8 Likes

What you said, and then some.
In my most recent game of Versus AI, 3 of my teammates left. So that left me with 3 AI teammates. When I watched the replay of the match, every single one was just doing seemingly random crap the whole time. Pings didn’t change their behavior, they wouldn’t engage into fights, etc. Most of the time, they would kill maybe 1 or 2 minions in a minion wave, and then hearth back to base.

The most insulting part was that the enemy AI team was actually fairly competent. They were moving as a unit, they engaged as a group, they attacked objectives, and they were properly functioning AI. But for some reason, the friendly AI on our team didn’t get the same treatment.
I really hope the AI gets improved, because the state of it now is pitiful.

3 Likes

I’ve had the same issues and was/am going to post about it. It’s disgusting.

You ping camps - they never show up or if they DO it depends on the map (i’ve noticed) it’s a miracle. They never go where their told. If you ping them to follow it’s at a 5m distance - so your trying to take a camp and they just stand there at a distance or ignore you completely and go off somewhere to do nothing.
They go to hearth at full health (again) or when they have nothing to do or In The Middle of a Team Fight.
This is getting really annoying. I hate it.

4 Likes

Blizz knows about it: AI a LOT worse since the new patch

I agree it’s terrible and I’m not sure why they can’t just roll back the changes made to the AI.

4 Likes