Who is in charge of the recent balance patches?

Smile is just my meal. He is God of fear, just wanna find him and make his day.

1 Like

You’re referring to actual position of QA, I’m referring to the process of QA which the game designers are obviously the ones ultimately responsible for in balance.

I remember when Kael first came out and a little after mid game, in my FIRST game with no experience, I had already gotten like 100k damage, while the next highest was at like 30k. Like those are the releases that seem unforgivable. But even then, I understand if these are occasionally occurrence of slip ups.

But when they have data on live, and they still make the massive/tiny changes they do, there’s just something fundamentally wrong with their balance process.

and your examples are …?

As I said, I think they could push heroes down a bit harder, but you’ve got an example of years ago. :man_shrugging:

Cassia had 65% Winrate, and wasn’t she broken? WTF.

MurlocAggroB has the habit of defending OP heroes like Deathwing on his release and his first nerfs. Deathwing had like 65% Winrate before at MASTERS, and he only relied on saying that the Masters themselves Did not know how to play against DW…

He doesn’t really care about the numbers of the heroes, but about his anecdotal evidence.

He just does make out of context comparisons like this:

:joy:
Then:

:clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Oh, I’ve mentioned it a couple of times in this thread, in particular Gazlowe in the recent patch. But you could say the same of any of these 60% heroes.

Well, the people with the actual stats did say:

You can beleive that they’re lying about his actual results if you want, but to what end?

I have loled when I saw someone telling me Gazlowe cannot be killed. Yes, he was under performing, he got overbuffed because the impact of the buffs was obviously underestimated.

Honestly, my issue with the whole thing is that they seem to be fine slowly nerfing strong/near overperforming heroes, but don’t mind throwing buffs at the wall of underperforming ones.

But we have no idea how underperforming he was.

A part of the issue is community perception, i remember when they quoted that Malthael’s AOE ult was statistically stronger, and the next day people here were still complaining it was the weaker of the ults. Diablo was getting banned tons when he was statistically the weakest warrior is another. Gazlowe probably was not strong. But yeah, they went Freaking HAM on him.

But generally speaking their balancing is fine. I think it could be faster, but that would require a ton of extra work to squeeze that in, even if it was just to balance the new hero/reworked hero, based on what I’ve been told.

3 Likes

But even in their language a “bit” underpowered, was actioned with a reversal of a “lot” of nerfs. It just makes no sense.

I never said they were lying, I also think he came out low. After all, I was one of the old Gazlowe players who were telling the hordes of people that thought he needed to be reworked, that he probably wasn’t as good as he was before (even though I thought he could get to the point with changes). I just think the response to something that is a bit low is not massive buffs.

1 Like

I think the reason why balance in this game is so difficult to do is because there are so many freaking metrics to analyze.

This isn’t like sc2 where the number of interactions are somewhat limited, you have how many potential heroes with potential combinations and even then, when your dataset is corrupted by smurfs, your only choice is to balance around the statistical anomalies since at the highest level of play, at least your datasets are 100% indicative of the play happening at that level.

I like the concept of this game quite a bit and in terms of mobas, imo it’s the best one for general fairness but the match making is a trickle down issue which permeates every aspect of the game., including balance. Their datasets have been corrupted by smurfing.

Gie harbinger some credit he’s not being abusive to anyone yet.

7 Likes

its not that hard to understand that giving 100 health is less OP then 200 health (looking at you xul)

Yet :smirk:
But I give him some credit, he is one of the best tanks at this forumù (if he isnt depenand on f2p) im sure everyone who is disagreeing that those heroes are OP are at an elo where meta doesnt matter.
Gazlowe was already good at masters so I dont get the ban neither

Okay so do you want reworks or not? You don’t want heroes to get new kits and have them overperform so they can be wittled down, but you also want heroes to be reworked massively sledgehammer style. What is it you want Tooton? Seriously you whining that the hive drones don’t all agree with you make you sound like a child. Half your ideas would garner the same reaction like the balance patches nowadays anyway.

1 Like

Well, that was a disappoinment.

Still not as bad as a Melke rant.

1 Like

Indeed my panda friend, indeed.

I am both happy and sad you aren’t disagreeing with me.

1 Like

Wait, so there is no reason to rant here at all? :thinking:

I was responsible. You’re welcome.

That quote had nothing to do with reworks. That was on buffs and nerfs to a hero

If reworks have to happen then boo

Maybe they finally tried to balance around gold silver level like people wanted?

The latest one that changed her role ( i do agree there were some other funny ones though).