Well this explains alot

It’s the truth though. Look at PG&E right now.

I mean there is half a state on fire… they are in a bit of a special situation right now and I don’t think we can use them as an example of anything at the moment.

1 Like

That video’s kinda fake news, though.

Some comments on the youtube page elaborate more, but it boils down to:

1. The video claims “Blizzard co-founder” talks about the subject, but it shows David Brevik, who’s not a Blizzard co-founder and hasn’t been in Blizzard for well over a decade.

2. In the original stream that the Brevik clips are taken from, Brevik starts that rant by saying he has no official data or source to support what he’s saying, just “strong suspicions”.

If anything, that IGN article mentioned at the begining of the video is trying to clarify that Blizz employees aren’t getting screwed over like Brevik suspected, 'cause they no longer receive that bonus, but it wasn’t just taken away with nothing in return.

I’d just like to mention that I didn’t see the whole video, though.
I don’t like the way it’s presented and didn’t want to give the channel more watch minutes (or whatever metric Youtube uses nowadays), so it’s possible I missed something.

8 Likes

I don’t think you know what I’m talking about. They’re doing very shifty things with their funds and they’re possibly being sued by the government.

Who owns IGN and are they paid to write things?

oh, ya I have no clue about that kind of stuff since I don’t even live in your country. I don’t know about the who is getting sued by who type of stuff.

a) vivendi is defunct and blizz bought themselves out from them in 2013

b) you dont seem to know what a whistleblower would be

so maybe do better at googling stuff

3 Likes

Would like a source on that. Still says they’re merged.

If you want to be 100% specific for the point of the post to be understood… Otherwise it’s irrelevant.

cool, then look one up. Id be curious what you used considering any number of searches dont show blizz associated with vivendi l, or rather, vivendi games

Im guessing you did a lazy search and stuck to a link summary or just did a /search to see if it would pop up

From Wikipedia:

So there was never a merger, it was a stock buyout.

Yeah you are right, I should trust Kotaku’s amazing reporti–ahahahahAHAH sorry I couldn’t finish.

That video is nothing but speculation based on some guy’s angry rants.

And yes I know who he is, and today he literally is nothing more than ‘some guy’.

3 Likes

This was more likely because its name was confusing with the StarCraft II coop commander Stimpack which served a similar purpose, had the same name and was completely unrelated and not compatible with the Heroes of the Storm Stimpack.

From what I can tell there is no evidence that Blizzard employees are getting shafted by the change to the bonus program. The only evidence stating this is a former Blizzard employee who has not worked for Blizzard for atleast a decade.

That said, seeing how the person was a former employee maybe it is former employees who are being shafted as any sort of pay sharing scheme formulated 20 odd years ago might have still been applying to them, until the entire program was dropped.

5 Likes

This dude`s “research” is a joke

1. I think David Brevik was Co-Founder of Blizzard North, the guys that made Diablo 1+2. That`s a huge difference between Co-Founder of Blizzard. He left the company over 10 years ago, so he might still know people, but not really the “modern” Company and how it is run.

2. Like Efede said, he starts it by saying that he has no source, so this guy picking random parts out of context, claiming Brevik was Co-founder and not showing the part where Brevik says that it is speculation is just an a**hole for misleading the audience.

3. Blizzard isn`t that desparate for money to lower the salaries of their workers, this is just a different approach. If they want to make cheaper stuff, they can always outsource to china and hire tons of interns…(immortal)
    If this approach yields less money for the employees, we will hear about it from people actually working for Blizz.

I don`t agree with a lot of what they are doing and I think it is obvious that profit nowadays is far more important to them than good games. But this guy trying to be “investigative” is a joke.

3 Likes

The states been on fire a week. The game’s been broke for two years.

Oh no, the first thread about this didn’t gain any traction. We’d better repost it and pretend it’s new again.

I mean…really.

4 Likes

They did not do that as a favor.

Its because of social pressure. You will fill social pressure to not be the one guy in your party whos not stimmed up and benefiting the party.

Its obvious now who doesn’t have one.

1 Like

I guess I should have started mourning for the old Blizzard a long time ago. . certainly a lot of the changes to this game and my long time played wow game had had changes I just didnt like so much… the casualization of the games is pretty apparent and it ruins both games for more than casual or a lot more than casual players.

Everything is hear say but change is happening rumors or not so we adapt and move on or die…and move on still. That’s all to it, but this whole thing has put an physical ache in my chest and is mentally taxing either way. I was a fan well before Acti came in to the picture this vid at this point I’m showing pretty much tells it like it is. The first half is the same news but the second half is just his feeling on the matter.
MarcelianOnline Heartbreaking Thoughts

I’ll never forget how alert everyone became when the news broke out that Activation was now apart of Blizzard fans where like “Get out while you still can”

We were not promised but still reassured Acti was going to keep separate from Blizzard affairs. It calmed some people down but not so much me, it took some of the edge off but sometime after the announcement things were already feeling off
What they did was just a PR move to get us to stop questioning them about it while the cancer Activation slowly wormed its way through Blizzards muscular, nervous and lymphatic systems.
I’m sure there are a few people still under Blizzard that are trying to keep the remaining systems healthy but for their own sake they should just stop and keep their heads down before they are forced down, fired, blacklisted or whatever.

The sooner the full takeover happens the sooner we can all start moving on.

2 Likes

if you only look at the blizzard entertainment wiki, you don’t get as many details.

At the conclusion of the deal, Vivendi was no longer Activision Blizzard’s parent company, and Activision Blizzard became an independent company as a majority of the shares became owned by the public. Bobby Kotick and Brian Kelly retained a 24.4% stake in the company overall. In addition, Kotick remained the president and CEO, with Brian Kelly taking over as [chairman]. On October 12, 2013, shortly after approval from the [Delaware Supreme Court], the company completed the buyback, along the lines of the original plan. Vivendi sold half its remaining stake on May 22, 2014, reducing its ownership to 5.8%. and completely exited two years later.

In December 2007, American publisher [Activision]) announced a proposed merger deal with Vivendi Games that would create a new [holding company] The deal was approved by Activision’s [shareholders] and the merger was finalized on July 10, creating Activision Blizzard while dissolving Vivendi Games. Bruce Hack, who served as [chief executive officer] of Vivendi Games, became [vice-chairman] and chief corporate officer of the new company.

Vivendi Games ‘merged’ to be apart of Activision blizzard, but vivendi proper had other stuff going on with other subsidiaries.

Funnily enough, vivendi bought up gameloft, which emphasizes mobile games…

Wow… As someone who got laid off earlier this year, I’m amazed I didn’t see this coming…

It ALL makes sense now. It’s not so much Diablo Immortal itself but the fact that they could OUTSOURCE it to another company to milk the IP independent of the Current and former Blizzard team.
It explains the Great Cash Grab of 2018 (aka BlizzCon).
It explains all the lackluster development news.
It explains the lack of content with any substance.
It explains the big push for eSports (hello Twitch revenue)
It explains the sudden interest in remastering titles.

Alas, the year is nearly over so forcing people out and cash grabs galore mean somebody in top corporate is getting a hefty bonus!

2 Likes