The reasons the devs made Qhira (instead of other Blizzard characters)+Devs' comments about Qhira

I like her. She’s aiight. The fact that she’s a bounty hunter makes it even cooler ^^

1 Like

you sound willing to accept anything they toss out

So do you actually have a problem with original characters? Or are you just insistent that they masquerade as representatives. You didn’t even name half the characters you wanted to give her kit to.

2 Likes

They’ve ALWAYS been married to the initial design of a hero, this is just one of the first times that they’re openly speaking about it on a forum, and it happens to be about a character people are less than happy about because it’s “not Grom.”

The HoTS team doesn’t even have the resources to run an AMA on two sites simultaneously and you think that there are unironic paid shills infiltrating?

https://i.imgur.com/776vue3.jpg

6 Likes

More specific of the quote for the lack of resources to do so:

Also you are expecting to much from OP.

2 Likes

I know, what i meant to say is the event that go with it.

1 Like

I wouldn’t pay much attention to Kagome. Every time they’re losing an argument, it’s always “paid shills”, “personal attacks”, “you’re breaking the CoC”. They’re just a troll.

2 Likes

You provide nothing to counter their claims other than disparaging remarks and yet you call them the troll? The hypocrisy is brighter than the sun here. Not everyone who has a different opinion than you is a troll.

No because i do not give a crap about this hero. It doesn’t matter if they made this hero the best and coolest one in the world.
It still goes against what hots stands for.

would you give the creator of smash bros the same praise if he were to make some dumb OC character because he “had creative freedom to do anything”

14 Likes

we live in an unreleased ending of new vegas where the courier takes over the strip and mass produces yes man to make himself feel better.

1 Like

I have a problem with Blizzcon: The Game having characters that aren’t from existing games. I don’t have a problem with them coming up with a name for a character trope/unit that exists in their other games, like Brightwing or Sgt. Hammer. Watch the original HOTS trailer. That is what attracted me to the game; playing as the characters I’ve grown up with.

6 Likes

I don’t think that’s really true (they have shown how previous heroes went through a lot of iteration) but regardless there’s a difference between having an initial vision of an existing character and creating a brand new one because you started off with an art concept that doesn’t exist yet within Blizzard.

2 Likes

You don’t have to like her. I’m only here to say that the devs have realised their mistake. So we shouldn’t keep on harassing them.
“It still goes against what hots stands for.”. Yes it goes against what HotS stands for NOW. But that may changes in the future. Who knows? Changes in the right time is a good change. One reason that the players don’t like Qhira is her release time (the devs said that they won’t make Nexus-born hero for a long time, but here we are, with a Nexus-born hero. And the bad things that happened to the game are the reason for this change.). Of course the devs know that bringing a Nexus-born hero to the game now is really bad. But every decision has its reasons. So we will have to wait to find out the reasons.

*A post from Reddit:
"After Brack’s letter, there was always a talk about there being a backlog of heroes almost-ready to be released and that we wouldn’t be able to see the actual effects of the “new development challenges” until the backlog ends. And I think that Qhira is something they were hoping to release in Blizzcon, just like Orphea. And make the Nexus hero a blizzcon tradition. If you see Lana’s talk on Orphea’s design, the team really wanted to do their own character it was a lot of love and they expected the whole thing to be a bigger deal for people. Of course, the userbase’s welcome to Orphea was luke-warm. It’s a case of a disconnect between devs and players. But the result is that they had to rethink their strategy.

Qhira was going to be the blizzcon release after a year of hype-making from Nexus Lore team. But things changed, possibly twice. The first change was last year’s blizzcon that made the devs realize we are not super thrilled with Nexus heroes, so they even said in interviews we were going to wait a couple of years to see more like that. I guess the decision back then was to change the strategy and focus more on fan favorites like Imperius and Anduin for a while , and leave Qhira in the reserves for a better release window in a couple of years. A second chance to have a nexus lore hero.

The second change of strategy came after Brack’s letter, which completely obliterated the team’s dev resources. Now they don’t really have much of a choice and thus a Qhira release in 2019 had to be done in order to have some sort of release cycle. Knowing quite well that this release wouldn’t be super well-received by the playerbase, specially because there weren’t Nexus lore reasources to hype her this time. But they preferred Qhira’s release over no hero release . This tells me this has got to be the last item in the backlog. And that they are aiming for a stable 3-4 months release cycle between heroes .

I think in Blizzcon we are going to see an announcement for the first hero whose development started after Brack’s letter."

4 Likes

I don’t remember that trailer featuring unnamed pirate/unnamed rogue.

Welcome you to point them out for me though.

if they are only realizing their mistake after 9 months of development time than that is a big yikes.

If it isn’t broken than don’t fix it.

granted almost a full year is a long time.

7 Likes

This proves the devs are willing to lie so that they can release what they want.

So they admit the Orphea release was not well received by fans and they admit the disconnect between the devs and the players. The end result was they had to rethink their strategy so they release another OC hero with even less backstory? This means they deserve ALL the criticism they get this time around for doing an even worse job

Sure go head and send out the raw and under cooked product since, “We prefer sending the product out than not sending it out.”

Rushing out products is a disaster nearly every single time.

6 Likes

WoW pirates are a long-standing trope. If they want a named one, they could pick Dread Captain DeMaza. The point is there’s a pretty direct connection between the character type and previous game experience.

1 Like

They tried their best. Maybe it could have been better, but it also could have been much worse. If some of the devs weren’t moved to other projects, then Qhira must have been saved for a much later time. “Qhira was going to be the blizzcon release after a year of hype-making from Nexus Lore team. But things changed, possibly twice. The first change was last year’s blizzcon that made the devs realize we are not super thrilled with Nexus heroes, so they even said in interviews we were going to wait a couple of years to see more like that. I guess the decision back then was to change the strategy and focus more on fan favorites like Imperius and Anduin for a while , and leave Qhira in the reserves for a better release window in a couple of years. A second chance to have a nexus lore hero.
The second change of strategy came after Brack’s letter, which completely obliterated the team’s dev resources. Now they don’t really have much of a choice and thus a Qhira release in 2019 had to be done in order to have some sort of release cycle. Knowing quite well that this release wouldn’t be super well-received by the playerbase, specially because there weren’t Nexus lore reasources to hype her this time.”
(Qhira was under development before the announcement of Orphea at Blizzcon)
And the good news is: “I think in Blizzcon we are going to see an announcement for the first hero whose development started after Brack’s letter.”. So the hero has to be a highly-anticipated hero.

I don’t see a huge distinction between a no name with a nexus universe symbol and a no name with any other universe symbol. If they called her “bar patron” and gave her a Diablo symbol I’d feel the same way about her.

2 Likes