Support Ended for DX9 and the 32-Bit Client

Well, goodbye HotS, it was fun while it lasted.
The 64bit client is an unoptimized pile of garbage, that runs considerably worse than the 32bit one in D3D9.
And what’s more important for me and my friends: it makes it almost impossible to run it at reasonable FPS on Linux.

Side note: Out of the 100-120 HotS player community that i am (was) a part of, about half are currently leaving to play other games.
GLHF to those who are staying!

And finally, i would really love to see the active HotS player count chart over Q4 of 2018. But i guess it’s just about of a far-fetched dream as having a properly optimized client for the game.

/QQ

3 Likes

Hm, the client works fine for me. No issues at all.

1 Like

OMG I can’t play HOTS on my darn old laptop anymore!!! you left me out!

3 Likes

Really…you have to understand that dx 9 is old as hell and dx 11 is damn near 10 years old. So their has been plenty of generations of hardware that support dx 11. Can’t keep supporting poor people if you want to make a better engine for the game and improve performance that’s just how it is not to mention the majority of people that play this game can run in dx 11. Upgrade your hardware. Companies can’t keep supporting outdated hardware and software.

I have a gtx 1070 and a i5 and run 64bit client no problem and the game runs fine at 144hrz at max settings so I think this is a BS complaint.

1 Like

The game has supported dx 11 since 2015 and it’s runs fine. I never had a problem running this game even when I had a 660 ti which ran 60 fbs at max settings. It sounds like people are just winning because they have really old hardware lol.

Exactly. People are just full of crap and probably trying to run the game and 64bit client on 2007-2008 hardware.

The 64-bit client has the much better performance and is state of the art.
So gj Blizzard. I hope it’s now easier for you to address some performance issues like the replay system or the reconnect.

1 Like

Would you consider sharing the specifications of the computers you and her are using?

I dont know why people are having problems with the 64 bit client, it works flawlessly for me on a gtx970 with 2nd gen i5 cpu

No.
The game is still best suited for a 2006 system as those had 2 cores.
Having an Nvidia GPU helps oddly enough, so there is a fundamental issue with the way the engine handles the GPU-que.

Will just put this here as it is really on the deep end:
If any dev has enough wiggle room, maybe try to compile the game with ICC and/or AOCC and see if it performs better on modern (meaning 2017 or later) hardware from both CPU vendors).