Strobing on Sky Temple

imgur.com/a/GEDDtX3
On Sky Temple parts of the map (the edges to the holes in the ground) strobe. It happens on low. I am playing on a Mac and if I change my graphics settings to the generic “medium” it fixes this issue.

I know we don’t have a lot of Mac users so this isn’t going to be high priority but please let me know if you’d like a rather a video.

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Hey Gdubbs!

We are making some changes in an upcoming patch that should address these concerns. This post will give more information regarding the changes coming in an upcoming patch.

Once you see a PTR appear for Heroes, if you could hop into a Custom Game there on Sky Temple and see if the issues are still happening and let me know, I’d greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!
Huginncord

2 Likes

No luck

`https://imgur.com/a/w3xhY0X`

Hey Gdubbs!

Thanks so much for checking that out for me!

I’d love to look in to this and if I could ask you for one more thing, would you mind sending me your variables.txt file to the email address outlined in this thread

You can find this file in your Library/Application Support/Blizzard/Heroes of the Storm folder.

Just sent it - hope it helps.

Same issue. Pretty disappointed in Blizz. There is absolutely no way these issues weren’t obvious before patch launch. I know this game is basically on life support but you guys basically just made it unplayable to your entire mac player base that doesn’t have a brand new mac. And you shouldn’t have to have a brand new computer to play a 4 year old game. Sloppy work.

I’ll be the first to point finger at Blizzard when they do something bad or shameful but all of their games have a relatively low hardware requirement, especially WOW. The game is now 15 years old, has received numeruous graphical improvements but kept its fidelity and the art style that users enjoy playing it for. It’s still playable on very old systems.

Their whole business model is to drag you in with one product so you can stay and explore the other ones on the platform and switch at will as they purposefully distribute content on intervals that you are never bored, and if you do get bored you can switch to a different game of theirs.

What do you think would happen if they significantly increased hardware requirements on WOW which is like the main attraction on their Bnet platform? Players love the game for what it is, and if they could no longer play, or if game performance became unplayable, they would ditch it all together and go play some competitors product.

Some time ago friend got mad because he couldn’t play WOW on his 2011 Mac anymore. Well sometimes things like this happen because of overall improvements to the product. It’s not in their interest to lose customers on purpose.

The free to play models for their games are more than generous. Especially how you can collect gold in WOW and use it to buy game time at other users’ expense, or even use that Balance on other products. Though I am not a big fan of their in-game shop practice where most of good looking skins should in many players opinions be earnable through direct gameplay rather than being priced 25 of something.

As for the new Sky Temple aestetic that came with the patch, night time looks really good on a desert themed map, but it could be slighly darker for better contrast!

My Machine is only 3 years old. It’s just not brand new. I’m not talking about being unable to play on some 8 year old computer. And this is not WoW that has received a ton of graphical upgrades from vanilla that wasn’t even coded for flying mounts to where they are now with BOA. This is fundamentally the same game it was when it released 4 years ago. There are just more heroes. No major upgrades were added with this latest patch (not even a new hero).

I’m also not one of those people who don’t invest money in the game. I know it costs money to produce stuff and I try to support what I like. It’s also not just sky Temple. There are dead spots on every single map now (the center of Hanamura, bottom lane of Blackheart’s Bay, multiple points on Volskaya Foundry for example).

There is nothing demanding about HOTs that should break my ability to play this game but this patch has. And the issues are so obvious there is no way it got through PTR without them knowing about them but they pushed ahead anyway. And I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the work is so shoddy given all the support and manpower they pulled away from this game since Blizzcon.