Solo queue vs solo players?

or is there really an option to queue vs other solo players, as a solo player?

Forum Moderator Note: Topic title edited as it was in violation of the Forum Code of Conduct.

1 Like

Do you want to cite where you saw them indicate there was a solo queue?

I suppose everything people haven’t said is a lie.

1 Like

Link to the developer comment that said there’s going to be a solo queue.

I remember people suggesting a toggle for solo or team only, and then I remember people saying that Blizzard said it.

something like the Mandela effect, maybe

1 Like

it was in the “what’s next” panel for hots during the blizzcon, can’t find the video but there’re several sites talking about it
“Hero league and team league queues will be combined, with HL players having an option to force solo-only queues” for example on h ttps://www.mmo-champion.com/content/8126-BlizzCon-2018-Heroes-of-the-Storm-What-s-Next or "Combining hero league + team league together, giving solo players option to choose to only be matched with solo players if they choose " on h ttps://old.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/9tplfk/whats_next_panel_summary_for_those_without_the/

what? asking a question is a violation of the code of conduct?
edit:wtf is this forum, we can’t even post links anymore?

5 Likes

Nice, thanks for clarifying that they mentioned that in their panel, probably it was pulled under the rug after what happened with the Forced QM compositions.

Also you can insert the links by surrounding them with ` from both sides or clicking the Preformatted text button

Not really, it had “Blizzard” in it which is why it was edited in the first place.

it was “did the devs lie?” and unless there’s an option hidden somewhere, they are liars, now, we have to play an unbalanced mode with no alternative

1 Like

storm league is team league 2.0
i hate it
bring back HL please
nothing was better than having full gm game at night in HL
im hard stuck in diamond they tilt me so much they have no macro they dont pick supports solo laners and other stuff

2 Likes

So the “solo flag” didn’t make it? And people don’t even know it was part of what they said they were going to do with HL/TL…

1 Like

Do you remember the thread where many us voiced our concerns about the merging of HL and TL? We were then talked down to and told that our worries were baseless as there was going to be this solo queue option for Storm League.

I can’t say I’m all that surprised the button didn’t make it live.

4 Likes

i suppose you are clueless

and we’d like to know why, not that i expect a dev answering here

2 Likes

Kind of small necro but still…

No place to queue solo ranked now when my friends are not playing : the queue times may be shortened for some time but people like me won’t play that game before their 4/5 team is full. So, people playing less, and less people playing on the long run.

Plus, the PL effect get stronger : newbies carried toward ranks they don’t belong -> and worse the overall gameplay experience for every one will be. Same errors from before, but worse.

Some will argue, again, that 4/5 premade teams won’t stomp solo players… That may be true at very low levels but not above gold : experienced players in a team, knowing each other even without a voicechat, will always take advantage of that obvious bias.

1 Like