Ranked mode is in a terrible state and unplayable

I think I know why. Do you remember how people always said Team League Rank was a joke? It was, as so often people could be lifetime Masters in TL, but never higher than Silver or Gold in Hero League.

Storm League is essentially Team League, with the option to queue solo and as any party size. It also allows a 2 rank spread in groupings, so you can get people boosting players who are more or less skilled than their current rank. You get rainbow matches by design and far more MMR averaging than you had with solo queue Hero League.

When SL was announced I made all these same criticisms and many dismissed them. Over the past year people have been complaining of “uneven” and “poor quality” matches in SL. I don’t know why people would expect anything different with a system such as it is.

2 Likes

All game modes are in a terrible state and unplayable, but yes, Ranked is in the worst state.

1 Like

I’m not sure if I’d completely agree. The thing is though, ranked is held to a higher standard than any other mode, the matchmaking is supposed to be more even and consistent. Considering that fact, yes it’s in a bad state.

1 Like

I agree except ARAM.

And mostly because ARAM is a meme mode where you dont take it seriously and just play what this game can only be with blizzard. A light hearted fun game.

Blizzard can’t do competitive gaming because their culture isnt even competitive. I mean ffs you get banned from their games if you even tell someone they suck.

Blizzard caters to a different kind of crowd that likes to be coddled.

2 Likes

It wont get any better in plat and that is were i belong when i played ranked.
Always had one who first picked Nova then enemy team counter draft with a high mobile hero or Aba to take her out of stealh with mines.

Or you get the typical 0% winrate russian dude on your team that flames in cyrill letters.

And basis gameplay like taking camps or defend a lane people dont even have a clue about either.