“please wait for other users to participate before replying”

Is this a bug cause it doesnt let me commentig other post or even answering people that commented my posts.

2 Likes

Never had that. Must be some kind of a feature in Discourse to prevent spammers from endlessly bumping a thread unless other posters post too.

If you need to quote many posts at once there is a small icon at the very top left allowing you to quote individual posts, that way you can skip making multiple posts.

Are you sure that happened?

Maybe some Thorazine is in order, STAT!

you get that when you try to reply more than once rather than quoting multiple posts to answer them all in 1 reply. you can’t reply to each one alone without quoting them all together!

This is meant so people don’t attempt to self bump their threads with needless stuff.

Of course its not ALWAYS that case.

Also TL3 users are immune to this.

2 Likes

oh that’s why i didn’t get the warning i thought i couldn’t reply twice lol >.>

In a nutshell those are trust worthy to NOT to do needless bumping, not like I do it, and when it happens I usually have new content to add (like in some of the pinned threads around here)

1 Like

yeah i noticed that too when you update one of the threads with something new!

but i tried to answer to just one person.

in that case it might be a bug as sami said

It doesn’t matter. You can only post once at a time. If you reply, then want to post something else, you’ll have to wait until someone else posts on the thread or you’ll have to edit your posts. You can’t post anything one right after another.

1 Like

the fact is that i wanted to answer a person 2 day after i made my post on forum, not trying to spam answer to all comments.

Oh! I get it now. I didn’t fully understand what you meant. My bad. So you created a thread, and wanted to reply to someone and it didn’t let you? Has anyone else posted on your thread?

yeah other people commented my thread

You might want to log out, clear your cookies, then log back in. It might be a browser issue. Worth a shot.

It happens in your topics not others, no idea why

its not. its a mod screwing around or some sort of algorithm issue. they limit the number of reports you can do and how many posts you can do suppsuedly it was to prevent necroing. which in of itself is dumb to have a problem with it. most informed people like to know if its a 2 year old issue so they can see the company doesn’t care and they can save themselves time and energy they would waste trying to get it fixed.