Player level criticism on whitemane debate

You are aware that whitemane ALREADY wants to AA as much as possible because her AA’s heal her teammates, yes?

The problem isn’t “Whitemane now wants to AA.”. The problem is “Whitemane now wants to use AA’s in place of her spells”, and “AAing is extremely powerful relative to her abilities.”. Imagine if Azmodan didn’t want to cast All Shall Burn because his Auto Attack did more damage. Not simply a risk reward case, but not even having a reward for taking the risk and spending the resources. Imagine if they gave Orphea a talent that gave her Max Chaos all the time and severely increased her AA damage, so using spells, and therefore not AAing, caused her to LOSE damage.

That is the problem. There is nothing wrong with AAing. It’s a core component of whitemane play because it fills time between your abilities cooldowns while still providing damage and healing. The rework makes it so that you literally don’t want to use your abilities because they take up time you could spend AAing.

7 Likes

I never really liked the stack on q on whitemane and how you have to space them out to avoid running out of mana too quickly.

High inquisition talent that remove the q stack on e was just a (mandatory) gimmick to not have to worry to much about mana.

I don’t think that the rework fix what I didn’t like about whitemane, but maybe the aa build could be fun.

1 Like

High inquisition talent that remove the q stack on e was just a (mandatory) gimmick to not have to worry to much about mana.

It wasn’t mandatory. The other two talents were fine. Indulgence meant you never ran out of mana against heavy frontline and Unwavering was good against dive and the mana reduction was decent enough that she didn’t have to back more than other healers.

3 Likes

Just because all ranged heroes want to use their AA when it’s safe and opportune to do so doesn’t mean every one of them needs an AA build which then forces them to take risks to AA or not get value out of their hero, and that’s the direction they’re going in.

If you don’t see how they’re lazy, easy to implement builds which do nothing but homogenize heroes further I don’t know what to tell you.

5 Likes

So it is just a matter of nerf one, buff the other. Just need to wait for the live numbers so Blizzard can do it 3 weeks after release as always. This is just standard for reworks/releases. No need to worry about that.

Yeah I saw that, but like, they are basically saying for people to test it live so they can adjust numbers in the future. That’s basically it. And if the rework becomes a failure like that chromie one, they will just rework her again after months, like they did with chromie.

They don’t change things based on PTR that much unless the numbers are very very off, like how it happened to Hanzo or Orphea. But like, back in that day we had a lot of people playing PTR, much more than now. They can’t really change things based on videos made for really specific 1 v 1 situations and not real games. And as they even said, her numbers were the same when they tested them for months internally.

I’m pretty sure the rework is coming. It’s tied to an event and all that. Don’t think they would ever cancel or delay it.

Like I said, it’s pretty unlikely that they will delay the rework. Remember what happened when the exp changes were announced, tested at blizzcon, tested in PTR, tested with custom real games, tested everywhere? They still happened :upside_down_face:

Again, all the testing needs to happen in the live version, in normal games, in normal situations. PTR testing is always off. Even if you got 2 ex hgc teams to scrim with the new whitemane it would be off. Finding builds and synergies takes time, and even though some things seem pretty op and the only option in PTR after several tests, sometimes when it hits live that build is not even used. That happens. We really need the live testing before we can say anything for sure.