Patch notes 27 september!

Please stop buffing Zagara holy sh*t ):

What??? Zagara after the nerf is absolutely bad and you say they should stop buffing her? Are you joking?

2 Likes

Thanks for the ā€œnewā€ content blizz :crazy_face: Surely this will keep player base happy.

• Glacial Spike [1]
    • Damage increased from 60 to 70.

Talents

• Level 7
    • Ice Cold [1]
      • Bonus cooldown reduction increased from 8 to 10 seconds.

Um, thanks I guess?

• Health increased from 1445 to 1490.
  • Health regeneration increased from 3.01 to 3.10.

Sure, Iā€™ll take it.

• Icy Grasp [W]
    • Bonus cooldown reduction per Basic Attack increased from .5 to .75 seconds.

Would not recommend trying to force Icy Grasp to work by buffing the CDR. Unless you completely change the effects of Icy Grasp, it can only be either pointless, or highly oppressive.

And it actually came fairly close to being the latter before this buff. Now I will have to test a certain build after work to see if you just broke Kelā€™thuzad.

1 Like

If I play QM tonight, I am spamming Dehaka, just in case it is infested with broken KTZsā€¦

1 Like

I love that they buffed KT, I hope they buff him more every time someone crys about him. It would bring me great joy!

Donā€™t touch the BW hinny blizzardā€¦no touchy!

Liliā€™s buff are super boring ugh!

1 Like

Are this buffs really that powerful? I mean I played against some KTZs, but gold/plat isnā€™t really sth. where you can expect great KTZs so I wasnā€™t impressed at all.

I tried the W build and the CDR is still not enough to CC chain someone unless you use Frost Blast between 2 W timing or the enemy has very low mobility. They have 1 sec to get out of a 55% slow from a 1.5 radius without FB.
If I were to play Ktz, Iā€™d still prefer Q build + FB.

FB is surely a nice point and click aoe, but isnā€™t Shadow fissure the real deal for experienced Kel players?

Theyā€™re both good since 2 years ago.
The best players are alternating between them.

ArabSyon and Damnedd

If you want to maximize FB combo, you still need good mechanics. Itā€™s not as simple as pressing R W Q.

5 Likes

Okay troll

Iā€™ll admit I expected a bigger patch, but Iā€™m willing to give them the benefit of doubt since the whole company is still in a major federal crap storm.

Its like people donā€™t even look at win rates anymore. She literally plummeted from highest to one of the lowest after the changes. Not saying these changes will help (have to test) but at least they admitted they went too far which is a plus considering what they did to Falstad.

3 Likes

At first glance, Icy Grasp is harmless (and arguably pointless before this). Until you realize that if buffed too much, you can keep people rooted forever until they die or KTZ runs out of mana.

Um, actuallyā€¦ Iā€™m having some different results so far.

That does it, Dehaka spam incoming. Or Artanis, the baseline Unstoppable when hitting E has been glorious against KTZ. I had a match where the enemy Mei was the perfect point-blank swap target whenever KTZ started setting up for a combo.

Granted, there is a bit of aligning the stars involved, but itā€™s definitely feasible to do now. Donā€™t even need Frost Blast to do it.

2 Likes

Can you make a clip? Iā€™ll may learn something.
Iā€™ve even tried to proc the W CDR with The Damned Return, Chilling Touch and Armor of the Archlich, yet I still let through a 1 sec unrooted window without FB.

I thought it was only the WoW team that was under investergation. But if its the whole company then yea GG. There are also rumers about Blizzard will shut down in first quarter 2022 and get renamed to Activision Insight.

So I am already starting to get ready for the worst next year not just for Hots but for every game from Blizzard.

2 Likes

The Damned Return literally does not do anything to help with the CDR. Like Hungering Cold, the talent only procs if KELā€™THUZAD is the one that deals the blow, it doesnā€™t care about his shade.

So hereā€™s the build I take, it comes online after level 16.
[T2322112,KelThuzad]

Arcane Echoes is probably what you were missing.

After level 20, since they are being kept there now, duplicate shadow fissures also help to kill them faster and add to the CDR.

EDIT: Hang on Iā€™ll try and get a clip up.

2 Likes

That was an obvious hoax posted to Reddit. While the company does have major issues right now, even Kotick is under investigation (fire the bastard!), shutting down Blizzard completely makes zero sense from a business perspective.

Personally, I liked the approach they took this patch, with relatively minor adjustments rather than sweeping buffs/nerfs.

8 Likes

Thats nice to know. The internet can sometimes be full of misinformation that you have no clue what is right or a lie or just false rumers.

4 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/Jj7FK6w.mp4

there is about less than a 0.5 second leeway for enemies to escape the 2nd Frost Nova. After that, they will stay there until they die, KTZ runs out of mana, or they are saved by a cleanse of some sort such as stasis.