New AI system is TRASH

I’ve had some AIs since the last patch in my team and all I can say is they are working pretty well. Our Muradin kept making plays, stunning, finding good targets etc, our DPS were also pretty good. Can’t complain.

2 Likes

Its so hard to click, omg

What will happen if you have fallen and get cant get up? Cant click to save your life

1 Like

Welcome to hots and enjoy your stay. If you don’t do crucial things yourself, nobody else will about 95% of the time.

And it doesn’t only apply to pinging a bot, nobdy in lower MMR will clear lanes, soak exp or do camps before objectives either.
If you rely on your team to do all this stuff you will be sorely disappointed. Only way to rank up is do those things yourself.

My win rate increased by about 10% once I stopped relying on teammates in solo que, and started doing things myself. Best tip I learned so far from bronze->gm challenge videos.

1 Like

Atleast the pre-patch AI did SOMETHING, now it just sits in spawn doing nothing. I’m arguing for the fact that they made it worse.

2 Likes

I don’t want the AI to follow me.
Who needs diablo walking around behind Morales waiting for her to engage?
The AI is garbage, it sitting in base doing nothing is LESS useful than the old ai that would push mindlessly until it died. At least then it was doing SOMETHING.

4 Likes

I understand the original intention, but the sad fact is, in qm, most ppl just won’t ping even though they see the AI sitting in the base yawning…

The AI has been bad in this game forever now.

1 Like

Lol read the damn patchnotes! I swear to God people refuse to do anything which requires them to adapt their playstyles!

4 Likes

Pinging the AI isn’t adapting your playstyle, nor does it actually help.
That’s the problem.
If it actually behaved intelligently while following you, it’d be a different story, but it doesn’t. It’s worse than before.

It shouldn’t follow you, it should attempt to stay near you, taking the roles of the characters into consideration.
If I could select the AI and set them to 2 and control them like a Viking or Misha, it’d be so much better, and that WOULD require me to change my playstyle and perform more actions.

5 Likes

Thank you. I just played a game with a Stitches and he was absolutely useless.
This behavior might be ok on supports/healers, but it’s absolute trash on everyone else.
They only follow! They don’t respond to pinged instructions, only follow commands. He wouldn’t pick up the warheads. Apparently per the patch notes, the only objectives they do interact with are Spider Queen and Blackhearts. Oh, and healing wells, which, with as much as they like to hearth, I don’t really see why they need it. The only time it would engage was to cast Engorge on an almost dead character. He did it on Blaze and did NOT walk him behind the wall that was right next to him, only to have Blaze skate away once he was out.

A bunch of people here are acting as though no one wants to click on the bot. While I admit it would be nice to be able to ping him on the minimap or the portraits on top instead of moving your screen to the Altar of Storms and clicking on them, clicking on the bots is not the issue. The real issue here is that clicking on them does not make them join the fights in any useful way. AI always had the option to be pinged to follow, I don’t see how taking away all their other functions is an asset.

4 Likes

The ai changes were mainly for ai games to make them more fun. They were also to stop annoying things like feeding, picking bad talents, and not channeling objectives. The ai are never going to be good or useful in ranked matches.

3 Likes

The AI changes may have been made with those vs-A.I. players in mind, but the MAIN changes that were made, (i.e. the most significant ones) apply to PvP matches. The dropped-player bots are the ones with the much more drastic alterations. Give us the AI people are play with/against in the AI matches.

Honestly, I think it’s a change they are using to teach people that AI’s can/should be pinged under certain circumstances by making them VISIBLY useless when they are not pinged. I’m just hoping they update/revert it soon bc currently they are also useless even while pinged.

1 Like

I rather have them sit in base than endlessly channel some altar or gem turn in.

I think the actual problem is that AI was bad, and now they put time and money into updating the code to produce a net 0 result. How about forget trying to fix AI for when a person leaves a game and instead add a Surrender button, which can be used for other cases as well?

1 Like

No. Learn to play from behind. This is not LoL. Even in a case where there is genuinely no way to turn around a game, you only have to endure that for a couple minutes.

1 Like

Correct about being not LoL which means that you need a team to win - not 1 carry. 4v5 for the rest of the game is a pointless waste of time. My argument is to divert developing towards something more productive. You don’t have to use a Surrender button. However, with a terrible AI in either case you don’t have the choice.

The best place to give the Dev working on the AI is here:

No, and that’s the problem. I have been in plenty of matches were unfortunately the 4v5 is good enough to hold off for 10-15 min. (Granted I have also won before being down but those are far shorter between) The real goal is not to have a surrender button but to “Actually” fix the AI. But I would take a surrender button as a fallback.

There is definitely a Huge problem with the AI. They feel way less useful than they once were to down right useless. I was just in a match with a Sgt Hammer. (pinged her to follow me) but every time she would siege up, if I moved she would un-siege and move around. Then if I died she would mount and sit stationary until I respawned or someone else took control. WTF! Also what is with AI character hearthing back with full health or mana. Then they will just sit in spawn and wait to be pinged.

Oh, I left out a GREAT part. Y’all ever heard of Kael’Thas and his Living bomb? :slight_smile: