NERF Deckard Cain

as a veteran non-ladder D2 player, I literally grew up with this hero. I am a HUGE Cain fan, and one of many. first let me tell you how much Diablo I played so you know I’m serious.

I had a hammerdin that was borderline invincible, stacked auradin and charge/zealadin, act1omatic-win trapsin, guided bowazon, all 3 sorcs, summon necro, and multiple mathematically tuned mf sorcs and hammerdin with many mules. i was an undisputed duelist and could take on 3 or 4 level 99 with my lightning sorc or my synch hammerdin and i was only 90 with imperfect gear.

I was more addicted to d2 than runescape classic when i was in elementary school, and that is saying something.

Clearly Deckard Cain is close to my heart and carries infinity nostalgia.

But I am telling you that his post-10 talents are all completely OP and he needs to be downtuned. He is hands down the most busted support in the game by a longshot and there is no way he is going to stay in his current state.

His Super Rejuv Pots are the most OP thing I’ve ever seen and is capable of restoring my Falstad by half health 10 times in a row in a matter of seconds with no cooldown, mana cost, or anything. You cannot kill these potions, you cannot steal them, nothing. I just played with a Super Rejuv Cain for the first time and it is hands down the most overpowered thing I’ve ever seen in all my years. Not only that, but he was constantly AOE rooting, slowing, sleeping, silencing, blinding, and single-target stunning the whole enemy team every single fight with 0 possible counterplay.

This is hands down the most riiculously OP support in the history of the game and I am telling you now, just preemptively nerf his talents because they are the most busted OP thing in the game no question about it. just get it over with, if I ever see someone play Cain like that again I hope I get a replay, it felt like I had a permanent million jug ult on me the entire rest of the game.

Cain’s CC and healing, his staying power and zoning potential, and so forth are completely broken; his only conceivable weakness whatsoever is the fact he has no gap closer.

Cain is OP beyond description and needs to be disabled and sent back to the ptr.

Or just leave him be and he will completely push Lt. Morales out of recent memory.

Cain absolutely needs to be nerfed. And not because I got owned by one, but because I finally played with a decent one and it is obviously OP af.

3 Likes

Only masochists still play this game. This games is barely even playable with friends.

5 Likes

Dunno, maybe he is popular and strong in QM or some silver league. In Masters he is rather rarely picked and doesnt cause any trouble. Definetly not OP at all.

4 Likes

Did you steal hailfall’s dart board of random crap to complain about or did you just decided to make your own? Are you Hailfall on a sock puppet?

18 Likes

My guess is like Hailfall he’s spamming topics for his trust level, look at the sudden spike of posts and topics being made – and frankly its even more suspicious that after Hailfall got his trust level 3 this one started to go on a posting spree.

9 Likes

Dude. Just stop.

First Genji, now Deckard? These are 2 of the worst 10 heroes in the entire game, and you want them nerfed?

I refuse to believe that anyone is actually this stupid, so I’m just going to assume you’re legitimately trolling now.

4 Likes

Nerf Chen :panda_face:

Trust level? What’s that and what’s the point of gaining it?

Its the forum level which eventually allows you to post links an images without issues.

The higher the level you are the more permissions you get granted, currently there are 4 levels.

Trust Level 0, 1, 2 and 3 (and 4 but only granted by admins so it doesn’t exists, maybe think of it like the MVP tag).

The first level 0 is basically any newcomer logs into the forums, they have so much limitations until they reach level 1.

Trust Level 1 and 2 has almost no difference aside of you give more likes.

Trust Level 3 you will no longer be blocked from posting again “until someone else post”, likes are doubled, can post links, can post images and reported level 0 users instantly hide all their posts.

To figure out which Level currently you are I made a guide for it so I don’t have to repeat everything over and over again.

Requirements for each level are changable by admins but it seems the requirements on this discourse has no difference for the default requirements which can be found here.

3 Likes

I am trust level ∞ in spirit

*Lowest winrate Heroes on hotslogs.
I felt a bit the Deckard nerfs (cd increase on potion the others were no issues) but it wasn’t enough to make him bad and they even buffed him after that at least twice. My fav healer is strong.

If you check tier lists by ppl who really good at this game you can see that they consider both Genji and Deckard good. Tier 1 to be precise.

With this I’m not saying they need nerfs. Just saying “worst Heroes” is far from reality.

2 Likes

how many times are you going to assert something as the “most op thing seen”?

cuz something can only be the “most” once.

Otherwise is a failure of observation and the “feedback” is moot.

Lemma rant about d2 stuff i pulled from a speedrun vid or a spam bot and pretend its application to the balance is an unrelated game is sound”

Id almost venture you suggest you just copy/paste keywords into a textbot generator and pull an madlib with some of the stuff oft repeated even when i skim this bunk

1 Like

Those tier lists are literally opinion and speculation, and are subject to being wrong (sometimes very wrong).

HotsLogs is the most accurate and reliable source of objective statistics we, the general playerbase, have access to.

I’ve said this in another thread, but if the hard statistics and the “expert opinions” conflict with each other, I’ll take the stats over the opinion any day simply because they are far more trustworthy.

1 Like

that is what people said about tyrande, tassadar, kerrigan, and sonya. you people clearly have what i call ostrich syndrome. i’d rather be a troll than an ostrich anyway, but i assure you, it is impossible to deny that cain is preposterously busted OP.

nice one detective, a person gets trust level 3 and so he must get it again? seems legit

so cain can lay 5 rehgar AH heals on the ground for his team to walk over, then he can

if that is not OP nothing is

may i add that hailfall currently has a 100% winrate with deckard cain.

gg OP hero proven 100%

1 Like

Wait.

Tassadar?

You seriously think Tassadar is somehow OP?

Man, where’s DrLogan to come smack a fool when you need him.

What does that even mean?

Or did you literally just make that up like you do all your “evidence?”

What actually is impossible is claiming that Cain is “preposterously busted OP” without either joking, lying, or being a blithering idiot with no grasp of reality.

So which category do you fall into?

I’m not even going to ask for a source on that, because it’s completely irrelevant.

Just to demonstrate how stupid this “logic” is, let me share some stats of my own.

I have a 100% winrate with Illidan (outside of Brawl). Therefore Illidan is OP.
Nevermind the fact that I am just one player out of thousands, or that I’ve played only 2 games as Illidan (outside of Brawl).

3 Likes

I have been called.

Tassadar is not OP. He isn’t even balanced. He is bad. Very bad. He require buffs.
He is universal hero, but he isn’t independent herom like other.
This “OP” needs good map for him, where he doesn’t need to facetank, because his very low max hp.
He needs specific comps, because he’s not such hero, what you can pick when you want.
He has low dmg. AA is ridiculous; W is very low - good on waveclearing, but not on battles. Has dmg with Arhon, but he’s easy to kill with his low max hp and dies after any kind of cc.
Shields are weak af. No comments.
All lvls on his talent tree have usuless talents.
Tassadar becomes usefull on late. He really depebds fron his 16-20 lvl.
Before it he’s weak.

Please, say me something what I don’t know about Tassadar. Maybe I missed that fact that he’s OP.

2 Likes