Missing Loot Chest

You are rewarded a Hero chest when that hero reaches a milestone of 10. You can track progress for your profile and Heroes in the progression tab in the lower right. Sylvanas will earn a chest with her name on it at levels 10, 20, 30, 40, etc. 75 is not part of that–only gold and likely a mastery taunt upgrade (don’t quote me on the latter).

1 Like

I just experienced this bug. I just played a game as Zarya who was like a sliver away leveling from 5 to 6. Now I did have a Daily Quest active (Play 3 games as a Supp or Healer) but before this game I was 0/3. I played the game, we won it and obviously Zarya leveled up. This made my Player level up. It said 2 loot chests available obviously. I go to the loot screen and only 1 chest available. This is not the first time it’s happened.

Hey all,

So for me, the bug is the loot “counter” / popup shows there is 2 loot chest available, but there should only be one. I ranked up a player level and had 0 loot chest to start with. After the game, it showed I had 2 chest. Click on loot, only one available.

Yep, same happened to me yesterday. I played a level 1 character (Yrel) for my first game of the day and she leveled to 2 in 1 game, which somehow resulted in me receiving 2 loot chests. As I did not complete any daily quest yet (it was only my first game of the day), this shows that it might not be related to doing daily quests at all. Today I did the same, but on my level 1 Orphea and the same thing happened (except I played 2 games, still not completing my Daily quest though). I took pics if any of the Devs or GMs are interested.

I’m not sure it has anything to do with daily quests. I leveled up to level 4 with Qhira, which means one normal chest (one normal chest for every hero level), but i also leveled my account to level 455, which means one rare chest (one rare chest every 5 account levels). It first said i had recieved 2 loot chests, but i never got that rare chest. Only got the normal chest for leveling up Qhira. :frowning:

Edit: Just want to add that when my friend check progress on his account right now, it says 0/5 on the rare chest, but right next to it, it says “Rare chest in 9 player levels”. So i think this bug has something to do with that rather then with completing daily quests.

The Rare Chest you get every 5 levels and the Epic Chest you get every 25 levels replaces the Common Loot chest you normally get from leveling, not in addition to. Your account level is the sum of your Hero levels, so you always will see your Account level move up when a Hero level does.

EDIT: Thanks Fuschia!

1 Like

You mean 25 levels.

Right, i actually just realized this myself. However, you made a typo i believe. You get epic chests every 25 levels. :wink: And you get the hero specific chests every 10 levels, but that one shouldn’t replace any other chests if i’m right? :slight_smile:

Keeps happening to me over and over. They should fix this soon. No matter what I always get less 1 chest, so if I am supposed to get 2 , I get 1, if am supposed to get 3 I get 2. Fix it please missing multiple chests at this time. Should give us a free hero at this point

Correct. But just to be clearer, a Hero specific chest every 10 Hero levels. Just to distinguish it from Account (Player) levels. This is also one of the few times where you can get more than one loot chest for leveling a Hero.

Of course! The only thing i got wrong was that i somehow thought i should get both the basic and the rare at the same time. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Don’t know what i was thinking. It was probably a combination of it being in the middle of the night here, and the fact that my friends game progression for some reason says that he will get his next rare chest in 9 levels, so i thought that might be what’s causing it.

However, something’s still kind of messed up. He’s at level 471, progression says 0/5 on the rare chest, and right next to it, it says rare chest in 9 levels. So something is up with that. And i still think i just got a basic chest at level 455 on my account. It should’ve been a rare chest.

That UI sounds a little wonky.

Would it be possible to get a screenshot of that posted here so I can review that? I have never in my days seen that so I’m intrigued!

Yeah, I was going to respond to this from the other post.

It is showing 9 levels for the rare chest, because in 4 levels your friend will get an epic chest, But the rare countdown does not start until after getting the epic chest.

Just as you said, one chest per level up, the best of Common, Rare, or Epic.

Yes you should have got a rare chest.

Well, he sent me a screenshot, but for some reason i’m not allowed to post links. -_-;

Of course. You’re right. That explains that at least.

Edit: These are things you normally don’t think about. You just get your loot chests, and keep on playing. But the second something is messed up, you start noticing everything that’s out of place even if there’s a perfectly legit explanation for it. :wink:

Add external links by surrounding the link with the Preformattted txt </> button option (above text box).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d2yxpd4n77pcoi8/9_levels.png?dl=0

There it is, even tho we have an explanation for it now. However, maybe there should be some kind of note about this ingame. Neither me, nor my friend thought of this before Fuschia pointed out the reason for this. :slight_smile:

Same. Post must be at least 20 characters for absolutely no good reason.

There is only so much information that can be put in-game that people will ignore anyways.

For example, under the Progression (Profile) screen, on the right side it explains that only Heroes get experience and the Player (account levels when a Hero levels. That screen and the bottom of the Quest Log show significant upcoming rewards.

And you can see upcoming rewards for specific Hero by selecting that Hero under the Roster (Profile) screen.

I just leveled up Raynor to level 5 and said I had two chests only saw one tho.

This is exactly the issue I had very very recently, like right this moment.