Ménè's proposal for HotS

Blizzard spent so much on HGC and heroes of the dorm when their own devs were driving the game into the ground.

I think if we had better game designers HoTS could have taken off.

2 Likes

Listening to pros only isn’t going to turn the game into its best version, i’m pretty sure most of what they have done has been done by listening to some of the pros.

Well I played on and off not rated but I know it doesn’t appeal to me much with how many drastic changes have occurred since it released, especially to some heroes getting a new make over in talents and towers no longer have ammo.

You do know that the exact statement that you give, is what hold the game down… no, it’s even what killed the game in the first place. I dont want to sound too harsh but the “we casuals, we also want fun, we like easy” is what destroyed Heroes of the Storm.

1 Like

I never said that the game should be balanced around casual players. But I don’t think that balancing it around only pro players is a good choice.
Like in all things, the right way is probably in the middle: taking Diamond/Master as target, imho, is probably a lot better than HGC or Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum as sample on which decide fixes.

What if I told you; that diamond/plat players hardly know anything about the game… :slight_smile:

Would you play a game balanced by players not knowing what the game is about?

Ok, the point that I was trying to tell is not the specific target. I just think that nor the top 5% nor the 75% lower players are a good sample to take into consideration for the game balance.
That’s because both of those are on the two “extreme” of the “skill spectrum”.

What drives a common player is cluelessness, sure is a great way to build something …

The more important aspect is that they don’t have any actual data. Just how it “feels”. Devs have the data. No player can actually do balance decisions. They can just give suggestions to take into account. Which in fact, how it always has been, and which is the reason why Hots is actually balanced.

Because the vast majority is, as he said, the majority and so should be considered the most. Also, most players of the game don’t care about the pros or esports, so why should they need to cater to them?

Pros are not the neutral arbiters of balance that many would like to believe.

This is a good idea.

Though I’d say HotS is already pretty gorgeous, the UI does feel a little piecemeal.