Match Making ever returning?

So the match making got changed so that matchs can be rounded up quicker. This, of course, has caused a mix of mmr’s, this has also caused the toxic baddies to be mixed in with everyone and caused a lot of the upper tier players to leave. My question is, are they ever gonna fix it or are they just gonna let HoTS die as even casual players leave because of the toxic?

1 Like

If you mean “expanding Quick Match search” appearing almost instantly, I don’t think the game has enough players for that to go away.

It needs to loosen as many matchmaking criteria as possible just to get games going in reasonable time.

We are not in 2016 anymore when the game could afford a 600 second waiting period before expanding the search parameters. The game has less players now.

2 Likes

Yes that was addressed in what i said, the problem is people are still leaving because of it now.

You use the term “reasonable” which they are not when the game consists of a “troll”, a leaver cause of the troll, and a guy who hasn’t learned enough yet and agitates the other two.
Also the expanding problem was in response to the almost forced role requirements, why not simply stop that? Games were at least tolerable then. the date and time are irrelevant, they attempted to fix a mistake they made and only made the game worse.

So I re-iterate when will they fix it?

They can’t fix the player population. If you want better match making play storm league. If you want to play the hero you want quickly, you play quick match. If you don’t like either of these options, then quit and find a new game.

2 Likes

then quit and find a new game.

So you support the failing of the game then? the issue i’m speaking of isn’t population. I pointed out my point and you change it to something else. If you do not like my point quit this thread and find another one.

1 Like

:crazy_face:

Sound advice. I’ll do that, thanks.

1 Like

You don’t have a point, you’re just whining because someone pointed out the truth. If you want serious matches then use the modes that provide that experience. QM is beyond saving with the population that still plays this game. There’s only one thing that kills a game faster than bad matchmaking and that’s slow matchmaking.

2 Likes

It’s funny you say that when the point I’m literately making is said to be temporary here Matchmaking Update - December 21, 2018.

So please tell me again why I have no point and why you are so butthurt by it?

Yeah… but the thing is, you get “expanded search” after 45 seconds. I don’t mind getting the expanded after let’s say 2-3 minutes.
But I am all for waiting than playing the clownfiesta every match.
That goes for the reasonable time as well. You should have option to select f you want to wait long and have approximately same skilled players as you are or wait 30 sec into rainbow game.

An example from yesterday. I am D1 and my brother is P1. We decide to do some games for the new event.
Out of 5 matches, 5 times the “expanded search” started after 30-40 seconds and 4 times out of those 5 games we got into team silver and low gold player or two.
I checked the enemy team after the game, they had players from silver to high plat, sometimes gold to diamond.

And no, 20:00 evening is not a time where thee aren’t any players in game.
I don’t care that I get a game after a minute when it matches me with silver 1 who constantly engages 2 v 4 and has 7/8 deaths when the rest of the team has 2 or 3. It’s not funny, it’s infuriating.

1 Like

if this is about QuickMatch… ok it is… don’t play that mode unless you don’t care about getting weird team comps vs strong enemy team comps. or just don’t play it solo play as a team have a healer tank dps in your team then queue up and get matched vs healer tank dps team problem solved.

plus it’s not blizzard’s fault people cried about this and so they changed it and now people don’t like this. i mean decide already what the heck you want them to do but it seems like no matter what they do people will still cry about it no matter what they’re never satisfied which is annoying af.

If you have a problem with the thread don’t post in it, coming into a thread and barely touching the original meaning of it is also annoying. I will re-link it again so you can see where Blizzard themselves say it is temporary. Matchmaking Update - December 21, 2018

it’s not “having a problem with the thread” they don’t have enough people to work on everything. they’re already working on the season 1 changes they have things to focus on other than focusing on quickmatch. and with season 1 coming they said they have more things they’re working on other than ranked so who knows?

plus as i said people complained about Quickmatch before when it was amazing where you 100% get tank healer dps guaranteed but people were whining about “waiting 1 minute to find a match” well i would love to wait 1 minute and get a normal team instead of insta queue and get a murky vikings gazlowe chen dva… in my freaking team while enemy team has kael’thas imperius valeera alarak butcher…

No, they are not reverting the forced MM change. The number of games played plummeted during the call of nexus in QM. Number of games uploaded in hotslogs went down more than 30%, people were quitting this game because of the longer que times. As compromise they left the enforced MM rules for the first 30s of que, if you find game in that time you follow the enforced rule. Just cancel your que every 30s if you want the “better MM” and enjoy the eternity que. You do lose your priority in the que if you cancel the search so unless you are missing link to another game being created(so healer or tank) you’re very unlikely to find game in that time.

PS like others have said, go to draft modes if you want better games. Quick match is for finding quick games which comes at cost of quality!

You’re right about that there is a lot of unnecessary complaining which causes issues like this but as I’ve heard before Blizz has a habit of seeing a problem and we’ll say over fixing it then they either do not fix or take way to long as to cause to much damage.

the cause of taking so long in fixing these is because they don’t have that many of devs working on hots anymore so they can’t really do things that fast they take long time but at least they’re trying and hopefully season 1 will be amazing what they’re doing so far is very good and i’m happy for that they still listen to the community and actually working so hard on season 1 just for the community’s call

Thank you for actually giving a reasonable answer to my question with data. Is this an actual confirmed, they are gonna keep that way?

QM was good experience when the forced comp was here and the assassin only crowd began to go to URD as they should have.
While population is a big factor i also think expanding QM search is mainly happening fast because everyone there mostly spams bruiser assassin.

1 Like

It’s unlikely they would change, at least they haven’t indicated anything of sorts in AMAs they’ve held. You could ask yourself when there is another dev AMA on reddit.