Malthael - When to play n How to play?

After ages of Li Ming (lvl89) n Greymane (lvl116). i thought play more tanks bruisers n some mele stuff :smiley:

I been spamming malth n zera recently in qm, (mostly wen my SL guys not on).

Though at times i end up with 2 kills n 8 or 9 deaths…
but several times its like 12-15 kills with max 2-3 deaths.
almost always with max xp, n mostly max damage if the game prolongues.

I m going in with 2 builds right now

1= standard build
lvl01 = fear the reaper (helped me kill n escape a lot)
lvl04 = black harvest
lvl07 = massacre (refresh reaper marks on multiple)
lvl10 = last rites
lvl13 = depends (spell armour if mages, physical armour if AA, n unstoppable if lots of stuns)
lvl16 = Memento Mori
lvl20 = Angel of Death

2 = Solo lane
lvl01 = Pale horse
lvl04 = die alone
lvl07 = cold hand
lvl10 = last rites
lvl13 = depends (spell armour if mages, physical armour if AA, n unstoppable if lots of stuns)
lvl16 = Mortality (8% health quickly)
lvl20 = Angel of Death

But i noticed tht on icyvein, they emphasis on takng all Q talents.
I did take those once only, against a qm comp of tyrael garrosh sonya anduin ktz. was fun doing 1v4s with cd talent on Q n 4.75% heal boost :smiley:

1 Like

I’d try to avoid non-Q-builds while you don’t feel the Hero that well. Q at 16 not only makes you deal more dmg, it provides more heals, and increaes your range too.

Common tips:

• fight near the enemy’s minions
  • don’t stand still to trade blows, your AA dmg is lower than most, kite with Q instead
  • make sure you can escape from trouble (FtR, W to minions)
  • try to dodge things with your W

LR is nice if you need to finish your 1v1 fast, but usually teams have a lot of dmg, so try TS for mobility, and easier Mark spreading (especially handy with the Unstoppable at 13).

Also Final Curtain is nice on some maps, where they need to walk through it to get it (like CH and GoT).
They’re willing to walk into it because (it does nothing), but it gives you an engage tool what you really need.

Also try E-ing from Bushes.

And imo, don’t push. If you cleared a wave, go to another lane or frab a camp.
(Sidenote: while getting the Bruiser Camp, you can move so 1+ mercenery cannot hit you, but you can leech them. Makes you lose less hp, tho I guess you’re familiar with this from your many Greymane games.)

3 Likes

I like Maltael on my team, if other heroes have the cc, preferable heroes like Malganis or Anub and you need more ability power dmg. A nice addition would be, if the enemys have two or more fatties.

2 Likes

Go no one can stop death on 20 100% of the time. Go full in, get as many kills as you can, respawn its a 5v4 (or less)

2 Likes

Important thing to know is that massacre (AoE W) and mortality (8% damage) do synergize. So it ends up combining into 8% AoE damage.

My preferred build on Malth is full W, but I know some people like Q and some like W. So experiment with both, see what you like.

3 Likes

What happened? We had more comments then this

2 Likes

Mandela effect?

Alien abductions?

Space magic?

1 Like

Lets say this one for the fun of it

you never wanna go Massacre unless you go Tormented Souls and the 8% damage on lvl16. Cold Hand is much better.

Final Curtain is fantastic on 20–Angel of Death is only worth it if your already behind.

Q Build is by and far the most sustainable hero–and will beat the others if he can sit and Q. The problem is is that pure Q build gets completely shut down by CC. Wraith Strike build has good chasing and surprisingly decent burst, and Reaper’s Mark build can have suprisingly good poke.

1 Like

I played more of q build last night, i ran out of mana really quickly :smiley:

abt TS , i still will try it out, didnt like it much

one of my reply got flagged :smiley:

Do you take Die Alone or Black Harvest? Is Black harvest even worth picking?

I tend to play Massacre, Last Rites, and Mortality.

Same here I think. How lame ,we said nothing wrong

i did say the f word without using a vowel :smiley:

I pick Black Harvest and Throwing Shade too from time to time. Usually I only pick Die Aline if I know I’ll need to extra dmg to be able to handle the sololane.

Never, Play Imperius instead, he is better in every single way

i actually like malth better. hes a lot better at clearing waves and camping.