Looking For Feedback!

“You are wrong, you can still farm, it just got harder” Yea, exactly what i said.

Also, how can i not be toxic when Blizzard just ruins the game with their incompetent devs?

Hi Devs.

I will be out of the initial topic, but as this is a place to talk with you, I will, for once, give my point of view on a subject that matter to me more than any other in this game.
This is a 6 letters topic : T.R.A.C.E.R.

I’m sorry, I love your job, your game, what you’re doing. But SHE is your biggest mistake, in my view.
I’m not an hardcore gamer. I’m not a pro.
But I think she is really too powerful. I think she is the only heroe in this game that if you don’t counter her, you can just wait the end of the game to loose.
Without one (good) or two hard-CC, if she has two normal hands, you cannot counter her. You cannot do anything.
This is just insane.
This is just really frustrating.
To connect for one or two normal games, to take some rest after work, and just spend 20 or 30mn being rush and killed by this heroe.

I’m sorry, but this is not normal that with a caracter like her, whom just need right click and “E”, you can kill anyone in the game. Any mage, any assassin, any healer. Her “E” is just insane. Her damages are just insane. Her mobility is just insane.
And what do you do lastly ?

Oh, right, you give her self-sustain, life-steal.
Right right.

I’m playing mostly heroes like Chromie and Kel’Thuzad. I do not judge other heroes, they’re all skilled. But not her.
When you play mages like Chromie and KT, you need to take a lot of parameters into account. You need pretty good position to make damages, while staying safe. You need to be accurate and fast.

Do you know how you feel when, during a 20 or 30mn games, while being focused, while being at max and safe behind your tanks, a Tracer comes, drops a dung on your tanks’ head, comes right to you split on your face just with right click ?
Maybe you can root her ? Oh, no, she has her “E”.
Mobility you can destroy her ? Oh, she has life-steal and 3 or 4 escapes (“Q”).

No, the only thing you can do is to cry, to wait till the game ends and turn it off.
Sad but true.

So, yes, I’ve just lost against Tracer. Yes, I was whiling to play after work, but this only game made me realize that Tracer is present in almost 1 on 2 QM, and 1 on 2 in my team.
So, I have 25% chance to spend a pretty bad time in this game (maybe a bit less, if I have really good CC, which is rare, or if she really sucks, which is as rare).

I’m sorry for this message, but I had to tell what I think about the most dangerous threat to your game, in my view.

Thank you for your reading, thank you for your game.

Ittshy

I think I’ll echo the main thing I see on here, that you could reduce the armor reduction cap down to 25% from 40%

That being said, I think if the forts and keeps kept their armor reduction cap to 40, it’d be a cool change.

Is the forum broken? How is your post 2h old? I read it before i went to bed last night…

I really like the new Tower changes and i think it works good as it is. I like the fact that the game is a bit more slowed down and i have to be very carefull how hard and far i push into the enemy base.
The only change i would prefer is that buildings should prioritize the Map Objective instead of the player.

I like the option 3 but 2 too

Change back the towers to the way they were before.
These changes are so bad.

Also DO SOMETHING for the AI players.
When someone DC it give you an AI. The AI stay base (since 1 month ago, already adressed, still no change) and do absolutely NOTHING !!! Even if you ping it, it just follow you like a pet. It’s totally useless.
Shouldn’t it be the other way around? Helping the team that get a DC so they have at least a chance?
Now you just tell “oh you got a DC, you lost the game”.
Either you put a surrender button in that case OR you just FIX your AI. Put it to Elite or something and not to stay base also.
Thanks.

Well why am i waisting my time anyway, you never listen to the players.
MM still as trash as ever.
Silence/ban system is trash
All the change are horrible.
You only care about skins and sprays…
No wonder no more pro scene and updates on this game. No wonder all the players are leaving.
At least try a bit so its a game not a work to play…

1 Like

Has it been considered to split the slow and debuff effects between towers and forts/keeps? The towers would slow, but not debuff armor, while Forts and Keeps debuff armor and do not slow. But not both slow and debuff effects in one shot. That would be too much.

I’ve had some matches where I thought it would be interesting to catch a slowed enemy that’s lingered too long at the towers or pursued to hard when you try to shelter by structures.

First of all, thanks for this feedback thread.

The main problem with the Call for Help Anomaly is that a lot of Heroes are affected in case of team fight near enemy’s structures due to their mechanism:
Anubarak… before his scarabs can take aggro of towers… now if a scarab hit a defender Hero Anub become the target of towers.
Diablo… if he uses his W abilities with the arc of flame he will probably touch a defender Hero and becomes the target of towers… bye bye self sustain.
Malfurion… if he wants to heal mates, he should launch W on a defender Hero and should now go back or be destroy by towers.
It’s the same for Withemane or Anduin (with his W he does damage before healing).

And there are plenty of other example…

So this Nexus Anomaly affect pick rate or win rate of some Heroes and create a lot of needs for balance buff for Developers with the risk to create other problems (for example an Anubarak far more tanky could be a top pick for team fight event if he loses his ability to deflect tower shot with scarab).

These situations in example above (except for Anubarak) are not a hard diving against defender but only a tank or healer that do his job… and now they are penalized if they do it to close to enemy’s structures which could be unintuitive and frustrating.

It’s the same for AOE attack. Before Call for Help, during a push against ennemy structures, a mage should launch an AOE attack (like a flame choc of Kaelthas) on the keep and try to touch also a wave of minions in the same time. If he could also touch a defender Hero it was a good job: 1 spell for 3 targets.
No he should avoid the defender otherwise he will be focused by towers and/or keep and his life will be very short. And now the defender should enter the AOE to see his towers do all the job (entering AOE should not be the smarter attitude).

Nevertheless, it’s possible to keep the idea of the Call for Help (ie smart structures which help defender against dive) but without the bad side effects above.

#4 Condition of targeting Heroes…
A “smart” tower should help defender when he is dived by attackers, but a random AOE or a spell that trigger healing (remember Malfurion or Anduin) are not “dive” if it’s the only damage done to the defender.

In fact, the targeting of Heroes by structures should not start as soon as a Defender is hit, but only it the attacker use at least 2 spells and/or AutoAttack on a Defender in a short time (2 seconds for example). Of course, DOT or repeating damage (like talent 16 on Q spell of Kaelthas) should only count for one.
With this mechanism you could have “smart” tower which not react to poke but only to dive.
Moreover, an attacker will not be targeted by structures if he take care to launch spells and AA on different defenders, minions or structures.

#5 Only shot once…
Structures do heavy damage to Heroes, so if an attacker is focused by a tower/keep due to Call for Help mechanism, he lost too much live to stay in the fight (or even die) if he could not retreat very fast.

An idea could be that structures only shot once on an Attacker which dive a Defender Hero due to Call for Help mechanism.
The Attacker should receive enough damage and debuff (vulnerability or even slow) to give a chance to the Defender but will not be shot to death by towers.
This is also a kind of “smart” tower because it use one shot to say « Hey, don’t touch my defender ! » then go back to its primary job: defend itself from minions/camp/objective that push against it.

#6 Decoy against tower shot
If the Call for Help mechanism is kept, perhaps it could be useful to allow attackers to temporize tower shot with decoy.
In fact tower aggro should prioritize summon unit/item create by attackers during dive which trigger the Call for Help.
Summon unit/item example: scrab of Anub, totem of Reghar, roach of Zagara…
It give back the interest of some Heroes, for fight under enemy’s structures.

These idea #4, #5, #6 could be use alone or combined. They could also be combined with Dev suggestion #1 (prioritize Map Objective) or #2 (only Keep give Call for Help)… I am not a fan of #3 (lower structure damage against heroes), I prefer idea #5 which have less side effect on game dynamic IMO.

My 2 cents…

Devs, continue to improve this fantastic game !
… (and ask your boss some cash to give us back HGC :sweat_smile: )

1 Like

i already remain my opinion on my korea server forum.
nowdays, but korean admin didn’t do work for REALLY BAD USER.

YOU dev. did well but when we report someone . please listen.
i already play blizzard games almost about 5,000 level.

during 10 hr my last game. there was 12~15 times intentionally be defeat game.

this is not for one or two … report someone’s problem, during 3 years,
this is HEAVY,CRAZY PROBLEM. many many MANY MANY players YELL THIS PROBLEM.

or this game go bad. more than this.

Whatever you do, I will keep playing and discovering

Can you PLEASE add Dark Nexus Banners? I main Dark Nexus Fenix and don’t have a matching banner.

So at this point people are just asking offtopic stuff, I guess I’ll join: can we have some changes to the Brawl mode yet?

Honestly, it much better then some players “over”-dive towers & gates. it’s a good changes!

yeah well here’s some feedback. ever consider making a new map or fixing the mines map or actually add a new hero in 2020 instead of changing rules (tower targets) or changing existing heroes? or how about fix the way players are assigned to teams so I dont have teams that have 4 healer/support or none? you alienate returning players when so many talents & rules have changed. you’re screwing up your own game. but whatever, do what you going to do I’ll move on… see you again in about 6 months and well see if anything has improved…

1 Like

I think the goal to tower/structure changes should be to help defend and not punish offend, and purely focusing on tower damage and armor debuffs is kind of a focus on the latter and defeats the purpose.

My suggesting would be to have a armor or attack speed buff on the defending allies near the structures, tune down the enemy armor debuffs or damage to an appropriate extent, and perhaps bring back the structure shot slow effect.

But giving defending allies any sort of buff is the point, and lower the tower damage maybe a little, so as to encourage defensive effort while not completely discourage offensive effort such as pushing with the objectives at the same time.

2 Likes

Hello AZJackson and Heroes Dev team,

Really appreciate the team coming to the community for feedback, while the anomaly did not pan out as expected, we understand a lot of heart went into implementing these changes to freshen the game. Here’s some feedback I hope the team can use.

Let’s look at how the change is currently affecting the roster.

1. The current armor reduction mechanic and hero target prioritization from structures punishes front line heroes and divers too harshly, especially those that rely on armor to stay in the fight ( Garrosh, Anub). Summoners can also no longer rely on summons to tank tower shots, while trying to take down heroes.
  2. Other heroes that have ways to disable buildings suddenly see their value sky rocket even if they’re already strong in game ( Sylvanas ).
  3. This leaves teams with frontline/ dive/ summoner heavy compositions with no structure disabling mechanics at a distinct disadvantage. A heavy aoe, ranged comp that have structure disabling mechanics will be at a distinct advantage in most matchups.
  4. Late game heroes are benefiting on push dependent 3 lane maps that have a higher likelihood of reach mid lv 20. Naz, Orphea, ZJ to name a few.

Personally I like the shift into late game as it lets players toy around with lv 20 talents for more than 30 seconds after reaching storm tier. It does however negatively impact tanks, divers, and summoners a little too harshly which is a detriment to the game especially when melee assassins are already in an awkward spot before the changes. This leads to the need for re-balancing struggling heroes, and cause another ripple effect down the line.

I believe these adjustments to “Call for Help” will benefit the game:

1. Remove the armor debuff that penalizes armor dependent heroes
  2. Re-prioritize structure targeting to Obj/boss merc > mercs > summons > heroes > minions
  3. Forts, Keeps and Cores now have an armor aura passive that gives heroes within 15 radius 15 armor and 15% increased healing bonus both stackable on top of whatever buffs they have on them during the current time. Structure disabling mechanics such as Sylvanas Black Arrows, Garden Terror plants should only disable structure attacks but not these auras. Guard towers do not have a passive aura.
  4. Forts, Keeps and Guard Towers keep their current damage output, successive shots against the same heroes will inccur a 5% damage bonus up to another 15%.
  5. Minions should focus on structures when in range.

These changes should fulfill the “Call for Help” theme of the anomaly without completely negating certain hero mechanics (armor, summon, dive). It would also simplify the implementation as structures all give the same bonus without special cases and having to input different armor debuffs on targeted heroes for different structures. Defenders should feel they have enough support from structures to defend the lane from push. The 15 armor bonus also gives heroes more survivability from enemy heroes diving over the wall, and perhaps the incentive to give some divers a much needed buff (cough Genji with 38%w/r in masters and 42% overall cough)

Lastly, dragonshire core mechanic can use a tweak, perhaps change it to flame breath akin to the dragon knight that reduces armor ( up to 40 )? It would fit the theme more than the falling rocks that pop out of nowhere and doesn’t give proper stun animations.

2 Likes

I was thinking that Heroes of the Storm has few players compared to other MOBA games. This game is like dying, even struggling in finding a match.

Unlike other MOBA, they have items to make their hero powerful and more strategic. ( I know I shouldn’t compare but this could help them)

HOTS PROS AND CONS
#PROS
-Random Game Mode
-Amazing Arena Map
-Cross-platform characters

**#CONS **
- All Players has the same level
- No “in-game” items to purchase
- Expensive Heroes
- Account separated by servers
- Few Servers

I think they should release a big update and a big change for this. I really love this game but there are only a few players.

It would be even better if they release a Mobile Version for this. Almost all of us use a smartphone and it would be easy to access HOTS in there.

You should stop worrying about what “feels good” and encourage the players to “git gud”.

3 Likes

Couldn’t find the right topic to post this:
but fix the matchmaking and reports first. It’s really bad!

2 Likes