Let's talk about Tracer

@Fawxkitteh: I will add this to my original post but I did make a comment earlier that all of what I’m saying is from a QM perspective as that’s all I play and what the vast majority of current HotS players play as well.
From a controlled, competitive environment I think Bullet Time and using more basic attack focused builds as apposed to just bursting one target can definitely be more viable because it’s rare that many kills are happening throughout the course of a HL game.
I also said in earlier comments that I have slightly come around on Is That a Health Pack?! It may not be absolute garbage but imho you get more value out of Parting Gift in QM and dare I say HL as well because those games will always have a healer.

@Balbero: I think that is an interesting idea but Slipstream already used to reduce the CD of Recall by like 4 or so seconds and it was removed. I doubt Blizzard will give her 2 CDR talents based on basic attacking since she already has Bullet Time, but it could be interesting. I believe reducing the 8 second cool down increase to 4 seconds could help Total Recall but Get Stuffed would still be the best talent at 20, hands down.

Have to throw it out but Recall is already powerful, small buffs like those for Slipstream where it gets cooldown reduction would be really something but not a healthy option of course.

2 Likes

Considering how cruddy Genji is with siege, Tracer at least has a aoe melee talent at 13 that helps that along. I like her kit tho and I see a lot of Tracer players doing well for her, I think shes in a good place right now.

The dedication that went into that introduction though, makes you out as someone who lives and breathes Tracer, so any1 in that position can make the same arguments about improving said favorite character.

1 Like

derail
How2spoiler?

Asking for a friend.
/derail

I agree. I think adding the functionality of a constant visual indicator to where you’ll be Recalling to, coupled with the increased rewind time of 1 second could actually make this competitive with PS. Sure, you’ll have fewer bombs but you could potentially pull off some crazy plays and never wind up somewhere you don’t want to be when you Recall.

1 Like
<details><summary>Tracer is OP and here's why</summary>

description
</details>
Tracer is OP and here's why

Actually can we discuss why Tracer’s talents suck?

Also you all even check my Syntax guide I made? Why is this not even pinned yet? lol

1 Like

Now that I can get behind for sure.

1 Like

Cba to dig.

Thats why.

My imaginated friend thanks you.

slugs away

1 Like

As sayed.
If not monitored, it could get really out of the hand and be way to OP :sunflower:

Recall actually shows of, where you land to the other Team :slight_smile:

Maybe coz its just a dropdown, but no real spoiler :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But yea …
Ill ask Pachi and look it up, if there is a decent option, we can implement in our Forums :sunflower:

1 Like

Yes I’m aware, it also shows you where you’ll land but only after you’ve pressed E. What I’m suggesting is a constant visual indicator that you can see at all times. Like I said in the original post, think Ekko from League of Legends.

This would do too much “clutter” !

The Game had to constantly show a “Mirror” like Nova-Ghost, with a like 1 Sec. recalculating time, to everyone on the fild …

Thats just way too much.

I disagree. All it would do is provide great value to a good Tracer who is constantly paying attention to where her E will take her while being a garbage talent for Tracer’s who are new and feel overwhelmed with her fast-paced play style. It doesn’t have to LOOK like the Ekko ability. Even having a small circle on the ground at all times would be invaluable to a talented player.

1 Like

Honestly Recall talents are single handedly between the line of being OP with a small change, if splitstream is going to work I believe it needs a cooldown increase IF it’s going to get CDR from AAs, you know, a penalty that forces Tracer to attack heroes to get real value out of it charging back real fast. Just an example.

Who :thinking:

I´m on one Page with you :slight_smile:
Or as sayed, bind it to kills, as a win harder choice.

I dont think you have him here =)

Dennis is one of or many MVP´s on the EU-Site and knows Discourse way better than me ^^

But yea. :slight_smile:
If there is an option to get the Spoiler-note, ill do my best to get it through !!!
:sunflower:

1 Like

You all are free to ask me anything about Discourse too, I have been reading everything related to the software ever since the forum change back in OW :stuck_out_tongue:

#shamelessbragging

Also about spoiler tag I remember reading this around but its not even implemented in the Discourse software unfortunately AFAIK.

Joop

I looked out quite a lot here :slight_smile:
https://talk.commonmark.org/ https://meta.discourse.org/

Hot take, Untouchable + leeching rounds + locked and loaded is the ultimate sustained dps and self healing build. Coming from a lvl 100+ 60% winrate (former) Diamond player

My problem with Tracer in Qm is:

Play 10 seconds. Hearth to base for health!
Another 10 seconds. Hearth to base for health!
Another 15, 20 secs. Hearth to base for health!

If you don’t have a healer, you’re just never there.

1 Like

But that’s like, QM, random garbage is bound to happen.

Also been doing fine solo queue no healers on Tracer, tough crap though, just get Hleahtpack and don’t stand above your teammates.

Just pointing this out…