Lets Revive This Game

Dota only had ice frog lead developer its game made by community its not all lost sometimes u need dark to see stars. We have few developers left ,maybe miracle can happen who knows.Game need good marketing, smaller balance change.

Removal of the automated punishment system and sanctions against those that false report would be a great start to repopulating the game, until then people just won’t start playing because you can have your account banned for no good reason with no way to get it unbanned.

3 Likes

Guess you skipped the part where the queue times were the shortest ever when there were Overwatch crossover events with the release of certain new Overwatch heroes. I was saying it could have been a lot better with better chosen heroes that are waifu material on the battlefield, not just character select.

report should be limited . So you chose wisely to report ,and ban should be only for using hacks ,they can mute people for week or more if they toxic in chat ,but let them play if they troll just give them comunty work like play 10 games as supp in qm . Rather have up and down vote system .What people will you like to see in next game and waht to avoid . there is so many ideas ban should be last they lose sorce of income

Cool. And how long do they stay? Shorter queue times mean nothing if they DO NOT STAY for long. They bring nothing to the game and end up pushing out old players because heroes like Genji, Tracer break the game. With the lack of developers for this game, if more OW comes in to this game and continue to break the game with their poor copy-pasted mechanics, how long do you think it’ll take until the game dies for good?

I don’t know if Mei would be good for the game since I don’t play OW too often so I’ll refrain from saying anything negative about her. But right now, they need to be very careful with which OW hero they put in to this game. Balance will be slower than ever and the wrong heroes will push even more ppl away. OW are heroes well known for doing this. More Genji/Lucio/Tracer/Hanzo type heroes and you can kiss this game goodbye for good as we watch the player-base wilt and die due to excessive broken mechanics.

Very few OW heroes do fit in this game. I’ve mainly played Winston and I can tell you, it would be broken to have him in this game. He would be fun to play as a nice counter to Genji, but he would be cancer to deal with and I would not wish to have that in this game.

there is nothing the community can do to revive the game. It’s all on the devs. a lot of the problems with the game are due to dev choices, not community choices.

easy steps the devs could take:

-balance around high skill players 95% of the time instead of low skill players 95% of the time. low skill players will think anything that beats them is OP and therefore shouldn’t have such a strong hand in balance.

-FIX MATCHMAKING. whether it be actual skill matching, MMR calculation, etc. No amount of positivity from us will get people playing and enjoying HOTS if a huge chunk of games are garbage due to poor matchmaking.

• Take the time to directly communicate with Masters and Grandmasters (can’t really say much about pros since the pro scene is dead now) about balance changes that will actually improve the game instead of just coming up with decisions on their own. The dev team has repeatedly shown a lack of game knowledge and foresight when it comes to character decisions and it would make more sense to let skilled players have a strong hand in these things.

• revamp the punishment system. allow silences ONLY in extreme situations like racism or repeated harassment (example being a player who constantly harasses teammates across several games). Put a small team or something in charge of viewing games to check out reports for afk/feeding/refusal to participate reports and become more aggressive with punishments for players found to be engaging in those activities.

2 Likes

Step 1: Reduce quick match queues back to 30 seconds

Revive HGC andj put more developers into the game.

There really isn’t anything we can do to revive this game without any help from Blizzard.

2 Likes

what if they made hots for Android & IOS just for tablets , I mean that will bring a lot of players into the game for sure !
what do you guys think ?

Is 2 late now, this is like when u see ur ex-GF with another guy, of course now u start with the “make her fall in love again” but she is already done with you.

You trys are futile. Just get over it and go to another thing.

Eh, HotS never had much streaming following anyway. I doubt streamers were ever a major source of player influx for HotS.

1 Like

This.
Putting OW garbage into hots was a big mistake, and only ruined the already bad balance even more.

1 Like

Dream more…
They was so low on budget, that they recycled sc2 engine for hots. Yeah, so legit hoping that they rework the whole game engine just to port a dead game into mobile LMAO, never happens…

step 2: flame that the quality of the MM in QM is cancer

Ironically this just means there is less competition for streaming HotS. Many people follow the streamers themselves despite what they play, but for those that want to do what they can to make HotS as best as it can be (with what we got) then they can stream and set up player ran tournaments and the like.

This is one of the reasons I’ve been complaining about Blizz not adding in team oriented tools for HotS, such as clans/guilds and etc. Would have improved the game back then and they’d be useful now.

If streamers left the game, let’s start streaming the game :slight_smile:
So ppl will see there are more streamers for the game :smiley:

Tho there aren’t much we can actually do for the game.
Let’s just play, to show there is at least a player base.

I like this post much better. Someone that loves the game, and is looking for ways the community can help it out. All this game needs is bigger population and more people buying in-game items. Once they see its profit go up, they will resume HGC and bring back on devs.

Or just bring Michael Morhaime, he wouldn’t allow this BS to happen. He was the Anti-CEO who didn’t care about profits, but just the community, his staff and making great games.

2 Likes

XD “all it needs” …

I honestly dont know, I wish we could go back to before HOTS 2.0, before the Tracers and the Genjis.

I dont understand the choices the devs made with this game lately. Hots was always being accused for being a low skill MOBA for babies, thats just an endless mindless brawl by the other MOBA players. Back then I could easily defend this game and argue that isnt true.
Now? With all the exp changes, hero reworks, and blanket role changes destroying unique mechanics, maps, heroes and strats, the game has become a huge mindless brawl.

Im not sure why new players would come here?