Let's have debates with the devs

Exactly why I said that

1 Like

Sorry missed the implication. They also posted in Dr. Logan’s fake out “I’m quitting” thread…so yeah, can’t see how that one was constructive enough to warrant a blue reply.

Some ppl here mix things up.

Just because you put a lot of effort into your thread it doesn’t mean it is constructive or in need of a semi-official opinion/response.

Also, if a dev says something (outside of the delusional “you’re lying crowd”) ppl will agree with the dev and the real, constructive debate stops. If they want feedback, that’s something they can’t do, they can’t show up as a pseudo, semi or actual authority.

“But they could at least say that they consider certain Hero ideas just not in the close future.” They do that, and ppl complain about getting the “not now, maybe, anything is possible” answer and created the “blizz-soon” meme.

3 Likes

They didn’t.

1 Like

It was one funny one you posted, I mixed it up.

I feel like the devs listen. I posted this about the exp changes and they did almost exactly what I proposed. They did both of them.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Agreed.

And as far as I recall from a Blue post, writing responses on the forums is not apart of their actual job-time for the most part and is something they can do in their lunch breaks and what not. Which does not mean they can leisurely post; if they do write a response, they have to be 100% certain of what they write, meaning they often have to do a lot of research and checking up on facts before they write something, especially because the userbase takes everything they say super literally.

Also, as far as I’m concerned, a large part of the forum-users aren’t exactly experts in the field. They often don’t know what they’re talking about or put barely any thought into their ideas and what not.
Are the Blizzard employees supposed to go into a thread and tell people “No, your idea/suggestion/whatever is bad”? Of course not.
And in a thread where there are opposing opinions so can’t they choose a side either and say “This is how it is, this guy is right” because the one that is wrong is going to take it personal.
A big problem is that people tend to hold onto grudges for something minor for life. Certain doomsayers were like that; they got silenced once “unfairly” (according to them) and therefore hate on blizzard for all eternity.

Another reason I reckon they don’t write many responses is how even if they write a positive response on say, a Probius rework idea, they get barraged by irrelevant questions or comments.

“When is the next hero coming out?”
“Can you buff Malthael? He sucks!”
“How dare you write in this thread when my rework thread is twice as big!”
etcetc. Which also goes hand in hand with what Karabars said; if they want the thread to continue with constructive and proper feedback, they cannot post in it, lest it derails.

Which is why we often see them post in the fun threads, as they dont need to do research or anything and there’s no lashback. Although they do still tend to get barraged by comments. “How dare you post in this fun thread while you ignore my EXP globe thread!”

Maybe one option to maybe alleviate some of the concerns of the lack of blue responses would be a simple button for blues where they can simply check a thread to show they’ve read it. Although that has negative aspects to it as well.

5 Likes

Wait, can his general still get xp by last hitting?

Given the way many people like to “debate” and generally talk about the devs , I’ll have to vote no for this. The devs might as well just give themselves a concussion. It’d be just as productive.

2 Likes

Imo any feedback us constructive even if it is “illidan sucks, needs a nerf” it isnt a great one. But still constructive.

I think thats why the angel of wisdom created a format to link as a joke

2 Likes

That isn’t constructive to me, if it really such a simple “X Hero OP, nerf pls!”. It doesn’t explain why, how or against who said hero is OP against. Whether it is pure numbers of overpowered abilities or too strong of a counter against specific heroes.

What is a Blizzard developer supposed to do with such a thread with literally no information, just a guy ranting, supposedly just after he lost to X hero?

It’s kind of like… what if I said “The Harry Potter movies sucks!”

Is that constructive feedback? Could the makers of the harry potter movies use my ‘constructive’ comment to make the next movies better?

1 Like

We used to be told on the WoW forums that the CM’s didn’t post in constructive threads because they didn’t want to risk derailing it with tears and teeth gnashing about why they posted in this thread instead of that thread.

Same principle may have applied with yours if it was generating good feedback/dialogue.

1 Like

Threads like this are why we need downvotes back.

1 Like

I also have something similar:

But dunno what you try to say with this part:

What I said that if a dev comes in to say things, feedback stops. So if we use your worldview, the devs are even more limited than in mine, where I don’t care about the “this socks feedback”.

For the devs, we’re like quantum physics. If they want to see our true opinions, they need to stay away.

So probably they’ll only reply to threads which need some deus ex shenanigans, or they can casually hopp in to say “nice” or some funny stuff.

You should spam that thread more. Its good but it was hidden in may

And may I edit. They dont need to reply, but some things just require a bit of attention because it can be gamebreaking

1 Like

Maybe :thinking:

2 Likes

Can we get xp globe skins? Like maybe floating old god eyes or donuts. These are the only 2 things im allowed to think of because void corruption :confused:

Take a look at how often the devs get under fire at the slightest thing ?

Take any character …
Nerf it , get complains
Dont nerf it , gets complains
Buff it , get complains

Its impossible to please everyone and so many players are just down right arrogant , condecending and act as if the devs owes them everything or anything for that matter just because they are playing their game.

Look at your own comment , would you even want to respond to this ?

Are there things that the devs do i diagree with once in a while ? Sure , so what ! It balances out more with the things i do love they did with this game .

Honnestly , how often have you even said anything positive in regards to the devs or their work really ? Now how often have you complained about it ? Likely way more .

4 Likes

Yes. Dewit

I was responding mostly to their “the more constructive the criticism, the more likely it will receive an answer.

There have been tons of constructive feedback with justified reasons. This could be new heroes, nerfs, buffs, reworks etc. I can only assume people spend hours creating these threads. I remember a nice thread which wasn’t bashing the game but it was a really nice thread which was constructive, to my memory, over 600+ replies but not one dev came in and put in their two cents.

Now I understand them not responding to my comment or any threads/replies that are not constructive but in all seriousness, they are rare to see in the constructive topics. Hence my reply of them lying.

For example from what I see on the forums;
1 - They chose to reply to this thread… topic not constructive
2 - Next topic they replied to: Now who is the most wanted hero? topic not constructive
3 - Next: Memes of the storm topic not constructive
4 - Next: Patch Update
5 - Next: Patch Update
6 - Next: Patch Update
7 - Next: A question for the dev topic not constructive
8 - Next: Do devs even know how to play TLV? topic not constructive, arguably the opposite
9 - Next: Balance Patch Predictions topic not constructive, mere speculation
10 - Next: Patch Update
11 - Deathwing: Bad Game Design? constructive and fair answer from blizz given

This is going back all the way to 27 days and ALOT of scrolling.

What I mean by “constructive” is a well thought out thread, doesn’t have to be long, but justifiable instead of a thread bashing X Y Z.

But hey, if they say the chance rate respond is through constructive feedback well I guess 1 out of 7 replies (not counting the patch updates) is good enough,… *sarcasm