Kerrigan Rework Was a Failure

Well according to HoTslogs, she’s one of the strongest heroes in the game rn, having an above 50% WR in all leagues except Bronze.

Maybe you need to double-check your analysis just to be sure.

It’s almost like you didn’t even read my post…

You listed things that it were suposed to be their goals, someone already answered you with the video that explained their goals, and about talent diversity, you will always have a talent build more used than others, that doesnt mean that the other talents arent good, blizzard cant control what people wants to pick or not, you choose if you feel good with those talents or not, can’t understand if you are a main kerrigan why are you seeing so much what other people picks or not

Honestly I feel like Kerrigan is harder, might be the couple hundred games on Alarak talking (and luck) but her new rotation and combo always screws me up due to badness.

Kerrigan rework is great . best rework ever . I don’t know why you cant see she can be so much useful now other than her combo . My win rate with Kerrigan has improved since her rework . I will suggest to try some new talent build

Boundless fury is one of the most fun talents in the game, it’s like playing whack a mole…

Looks like Boundless Fury might be the best talent on that tier.

My only problem with her is the absurdity of her combo in terms of meaning.
She never uses Psionic Energy outside of her Heroic and after casting her W.
Primal Grasp?? How in the hell she can make a primal zerg claw happen out of nowhere to pull people???
Why is she using impaling blades? Is she Vlad the Impaler???

Gonna echo the sentiment this comes off as more ‘life’ farming from you.
The sentiment you express, failure of the rework, is arguably wrong on the exact same pretenses you suggest, but you seem to filter what data you assume to be the case to suit the demands.

In this regard, this is about the claim of ‘failure’ but no point of comparison given to actually demonstrate that to be the case, cuz well, you wouldn’t want to actually do that, and you always put yourself on so high a pedestal to try to make it seem like you can ignore stuff that doesn’t suit you.

In this regard it comes off that you’re far more the meta-follower than the one to make stuff work yourself and break the mold, or well, to actually try it. Your point of reasoning for a lack of experimentation isn’t form first-hand experience, but a summary from presumably hotslogs.

I digress a bit there, but part of the concerning issue is on the lack of talent diversity, but even the capacity to acknowledge some talents do sometimes stand out is well and above her previous position, esp the most notable being that ultralisk does see play and that something else does actually compete against bladed momentum — which gets bonus points there given the direct synergy with Fury of the Swarm.

The current issue of kerrigan’s stagnation on some tiers is two-fold

1. fury of the swam outclasses the other two options.
  • its less conditional (works off any q)
  • it boosts her damage output
  • it increases her capacity to build shields without heroes
  • it has direct synergy with later talents

siphoning impact does benefit from more q casts from lvl 7, but it isn’t improved by other talents, nor they it, so in the capacity to get shields, Fury is arguably better is most situations, esp given that it doesn’t improve the damage (and waveclear) kerrigan can do to better chain more q casts. also, siphoning only working off of heroes at all means its not helping out of skirmishes where Fury would.

assimilation mastery’s gimmick being the hp/mana regen the other being the orb-for-shields, and honestly, I don’t pick this one personally, and I’d surmise others to be similar, simply because minor regen doesn’t really help get more comboes, and losing the aoe splash attack is less damage dealt, which is less kills, less resets, less waveclear/etc

Either of those could be changed to be more appealing picks by adding damage options to the talent choice, or doing more than just being a variation of getting more assimilation shield. Otherwise a splash-attack is too good to pass up.

1. psionic pulse

I’m honestly not sure if people don’t know that grasp-based talents also trigger off the pulse, but well, they do. Granted, I’m not fond of the 2nd aoe charge on pulse as i find that I just barely keep missing the timing on getting hits, and well, for people already used to kerrigan, its easier to not bother trying to learn the timing when they can just spec and build to play what they already know.

If people get more accustomed to pulse, then it might open up other talent options that do benefit from primal grasp’s trigger. But on the other hand, why wait 2.5 extra seconds when she can get damage out well before then?

I’d want to suggest pulse would be a better talent if it made the initial pulse have a bigger aoe, and then the second pulse was weaker, but faster on the trigger as part of the issue for builds reliant on pulse is that’s it is easy to thwart and doesn’t provide enough motivation to try to make it ‘work’ when same-ol same-ol does well enough.

So if the same-ol is working, why would people attempt to do much else with her? Until someone is willing to put on more a show on why she could work with other talents, or maps, people are going to do so because they’re habitual creatures that want to reinforce what they already think.

1 Like