[Idea] Enhanced profile

Hi,

as there were quite a few topics on the old forums for more information, both per game (damage mitigation and healing prevented stats, please), and the account as a whole, i thought up a few improvements to the player profile one can access ingame.

When clicking on a hero on the profile you can see some general stats like KDA, winrate and so on by playmode which is cool but insufficient in my oppinion. An option to get informations by map would be interesting to add.
One of the more pressuring questions for anyone playing the game more competetivly would also be how they fare in relation to their own MMR bracket with a particular hero or in general hero; the average of the players own bracket could for example be shown in brackets behind the own numbers (maybe even color coded for sub/above average).

A “Maps” tab that allows to get an overview of the maps would not only allow to see which maps are currently on rotation for the selected mode ingame:
clicking a map (alike the hero tab) might open a screen showing the layout so you can look at it without the stress of being in a game or serve as a basis for a preferred/ban map system. The map detail screen might also feature tips for the map or your winrates/winrate per hero/playmode on this particular map, maybe again with how these relate to the players own MMR bracket in the selected playmode.

As i was not exactly new at the start of 2.0 i might be wrong on this one, but the progression screen should probably look different for new players and show unlockable hero slots and maps with the respective levels needed to unlock. The important part here would be that unlike the regular progression screen you can see all that you can unlock at once (greyed out for yet to do), not only the next items.
This would allow new players to actually see that the game opens up gradually map- and hero-wise, as there were questions about this popping up regularly on the old forums.

As a last point, it would be really nice to be able to access this enhanced profile as a website, as you can for other Blizzard games like Diablo 3 or Overwatch, so that one does not have to open the game just to access ones stats.

EDIT: getting a pleasing formatting on these new forums is a bit odd.

1 Like

i really like this idea. bumped.

1 Like

Please, stop with the autism bull s hit and ``read’’ the original ASCII specification. It has nothing to do with fonts or how people drew glyphs as Mr mgk25 seems to imply. Granted many developers drew them this way, but it was because it was more aesthetically-pleasing.

ASCII only had seven bits to work with so some characters carried multiple meanings. I never see people complain when - is used as both a hyphen and a minus, or when people use it in place of the Unicode hyphen/minus/dash characters.

was defined as both LEFT SINGLE QUOTATION MARK and GRAVE ACCENT.This’ and ``This’’ are the proper quoting methods in ASCII.

Typing ‘this’ is equivalent to using parentheses )like this) instead of (like this). If you’re so obsessed with symmetry, use the Unicode quote characters (‘ and ’, “ and ”). Don’t do ‘this’ then preach me to me when I use characters correctly.

1 Like

I wonder if yall have the eyesight to observe when this thread was created. :man_facepalming:

1 Like