I am seriosuly considering quitting this game and the reason why is because the Match Making

You just wanted to rant your frustrations and blame the matchmaker instead of improving.

We get it. It’s pretty typical behaviour of most people to blame everything except yourself. We see it every day in games.

But don’t expect us to be like your mom and just agree to all of your whining to make you feel better.

1 Like

You are completely right. End of discussion (atleast for me

1 Like

In other words, this game’s matchmaker cant tell if the player’s it found are troll or big time feeders, when it pair them together. But some people like to complain about that, when he win 4 games in a raw, its matchmaker that automaticly finds those trolls and pair them together with him to lose the next 3 games in a raw just to enforce forced 50% winrate is real.

There are a lot of variables you need to take into account in a game when you lose or win a game.

1. How does each team repsond to what happens on the map.
  2. Does a player dc doing a teamfight and make his team lose it.
  3. How good are your team and yourself in making decisions. Good decisions can lead to a win while bad decisions can lead to a lose.
  4. The team with the best decisions making and map vision usely have a higher advantage over a team with bad decisions making and zero map vision.
  5. What you do on the map will always have an inpact of how the game will be.
    And the list can go on and on.

If you think people are Blizzard defender just becasue we have another opinion then you, then you need to wake up and get real. But if you cant prove us wrong with clear evidece about how you play yourself with atleast a replay of one of your losr games then you should just stop talking already.

3 Likes

Smurfing, is honestly deserving of more “complaint threads” than the matchmaker. But nope, not happening. Because everyone and their mother are doing it. This is honestly what’s ruining the fun for a lot of people, but they’re not the kind that come around here whining.

1 Like

Well said! This is the same thing that happens in car forums.

You can find 1000’s of posts about all kinds of problems that model has, but you will never find posts that say how good the car is.

HotS does have its issues as does every game. And compared to other moba games, HotS definitely beats the alternatives in my opinion.

I have thought of “quitting” before, but eventually it just turns into a several months long break because I burned out and did not have as much fun anymore.

Eventually I returned. Same might happen to all the “quitters”. See you all later in the Nexus!

2 Likes

There’s a lot of variables here too.

There’s dozens of reasons as to why a person could be playing far beneath their usual skill level.

Like one person could have been playing a match where he was unreasonably flamed and blamed by the other players even though he did nothing wrong. And even worse if it wasn’t just one person, but the entire team. He then goes into the next match feeling EXTREMELY irritated or tilted.

There’s also the types that simply are that easily tilted that a simple “Why no ult?” or other minor comment makes them completely fly off the handle.

One time I remember playing against a Leoric who was totally feeding and not participating with his team.

In the next game I was on his team and he played normally. I reckon that he got flamed by his team in the previous match that made him just go “Screw these flamey guys”

Then there’s the people who like to play after they got home from a party and are tired and still drunk.

And some people simply like playing while drunk or high on occasion.

Then there’s people who have vastly different skill levels with different heroes or roles.

Or people who completely can’t figure out how to play against certain heroes like Genji or valeera.

Then there’s also people who do stuff like “Okay, so in my last game, some douchebag felt like throwing the game by intentionally feeding, so now I’m mad so I’ll take it out … on random people by intentionally feeding in my next game!”

Then there’s people who take longer breaks from the game and as such are considerably rusty.

The list could go on and on for these things. How could the matchmaker ever account for these variables?

And the people who whine about the matchmaker “Giving them the potato teammates that are totally dragging you down” probably rarely notices that they were playing fine but there were extenuating circumstances as to why their stats were bad. Like being horrendously countered.

Just earlier I was playing Sylvanas, who I’m pretty rusty on, and had a terrible match. I had like, 11 or 12 deaths? While everyone else had 5-8 deaths or so (We still managed to win).
That game was just against me. The enemy Valeera royally screwed over my E escapes all the time and so did the enemy Medivh with his polymorphs and every time I showed up for a fight, the enemy Kael’thas instantly used pyro on me.

The typical player wouldn’t notice all that and would just see my death count and instantly blame me for the loss (if we were to lose) even though plenty of times I didn’t die without merit (often taking people with me) and so on and I had plenty of other merits.

3 Likes

I do have similar experience. I can’t say for SL because it’s so rare to find a Match but SL experience has been mostly positive. Much less trolls/afk and obviously much more balanced teams.

Qm however is a complete mess. And i have deleted the game after 4 years of playing due to me only having real access to qm in Asia.

It comes in streaks I’ve won 32/35 games followed by 16 losses in a row. I don’t complain about losing but it’s HOW the game is lost.

Those won games are also not really a close game. The game will give us complete counter teams vs the enemy team, and the other side will have afk and trolls for 10s of games in a row for the most part.

I play with 1 friend from Hong Kong and we always say “man that arthas on the other team is completely throwing” because it’s so obvious as to why they are losing. Every objective is met with 4v5 and usually their only front line is the guy who’s not there and I’m there as zeratul eating away their Jaina valla and murky.

Also when we lose games most games are due to afk/1 guy just totally messing around and the team comp is already at a huge disadvantage.

It may be an Asia server thing but most game team comps go like this

Anti mage tanks and assassins vs 1 bruiser and 4 mages.

Sometimes in our favor and sometimes in their favor.

Some games I’m just bad too, I notice my mistakes, bur most games seem almost pre-determined in one teams favor due to team comps and the amount of afk. It feels almost like a slot machine.

Again storm league is a different story, as my experience is mostly positive. It’d just so rare to find a match is the only issue. So I’m stuck with qm but qm in Asia server, is a slot machine.

The experience you had with sylvannas is almost every single game in qm Asia.

The team comps almost seems designed to give one team a huge advantage. Imagine playing 10 games as kaelthas and the enemy team has butcher and nova while your team has no blinds and no front line. For 7 games in a row, and next 7 games you’ve got all the cc on your team with beefy front lines and you are just wreaking havoc on the other team.

It makes for a weird gaming experience but again it’s qm, so it’s some what expected.

But it’s like that almost every single game either in my favor or the enemy teams favor no matter what the pick is.

Very few games where I’m at disadvantage but still win due to extreme skill gap or the enemy team having 1 thrower all game.

Goes the other way too

I wish storm league was common here on our side because most of the games were actually good games. I was holding D3 in USA, while that’s nothing special they threw me in bronze 5 when I started and maintaining a 64% winrate and almost at gold now. But it’s a grind for sure

I’ve seen very solid players (much better than myself) simply refuse to play because a jerk kept ping spamming and insulting them. They just go afk or exit the client.

I try to brush off such comments usually, but I can understand why some people have the mindset “I’m not going to work hard for a win just so this troll can get 200 points”.

Beneath the skins and avatars it’s still just human beings playing, and emotions come into the equation.
If someone plays only to have fun and their fun gets ruined like that, I understand their decision to leave. No way I’d report them for that, no.

1 Like

What you’ve suggested is basically just a way to try to enhance a fundamentally flawed system. Simple wins and losses just plain aren’t a reliable indication of skill. And however fast people accelerate to a “50%” doesn’t matter if they are only losing half their games because they are babysitting new players half the time.

imo they need a more robust matchmaking system. And they already have it, actually - the performance based MMR adjustment they briefly used. Just do that but matching instead of MMR adjustment. They said they had like 26 metrics by which they computed an MMR adjustment - instead try to match people based on those 26 metrics, directly. Easy peasy.

1 Like

Both issues are interlinked. Match making is bad because of the smurfs.

If they tried it once, I doubt they’ll bring personal matchmaking stuff again

It’s because they put initial MMR on a new account too high. If they started all accounts in Bronze 5 MMR, they would be able to easily climb out and to where they belong.

Instead, they put them around high Silver so the leagues between Bronze and Gold are all a giant mess.

If there was no incentive to even create a smurf account in the first place, you’d see less of them. The problem is MMR is so loose on new accounts and so firm on established accounts that creating a smurf account is super lucrative.

Remove that incentive by starting new accounts lower, and you’ll have solved the problem.

I’m saying they didn’t try it once. They used performance to adjust MMR (basically to augment win tallies). They did not use performance to match with comparable/compatible performance.

It’s like if you were trying to match two names by looking only at the first letter. It does weed out the 25/26 bad matches, but there’s still a lot of room for error that could be overcame by looking at the whole names. And while that’s going to take more effort, it’s all done by a computer so it shouldn’t really matter.

MM has always been the weakness of this game. They can blame market trends, coming late etc… but the bottom line there’s too many negative experiences.

2 Likes

To HrdcorePrism -

It’s ironic that you posted this. I just got out of a QM game with you and your friend (Samuro) on my team. You yelled at everyone all game and then rage quit after about 7 minutes and took Samuro with you. Fortunately, the 3 of us left in game realized it was hopeless, and we took the L like men standing in spawn. You are the epitome of the “negative experiences” you lament.

2 Likes

What a cranky thread to resurrect. :frowning:

1 Like

This stuff is exactly why most everyone I have know who has quit was the reason why. The match making, the smurfing and the lack of dealing with afks and trolls.

2 Likes

Often, the victim tends to become the executioner. As long as we don’t find the first one, everyone is innocent.

Imho the first one was working for Riot and spread his toxic bile on our beloved HotS.

1 Like

Kinda what happens when the problems don’t get addressed or resolved. People are fed up.

1 Like