How to counter Mal'Ganis?

If i remember correctly, interrupting Mephisto’s … global ult puts it on cd like if he used it… now that is absolutely obnoxious…

and it’s a 120 seconds cooldown and only good as a finisher ult to kill heroes that are 1 hit from dying. while horrify is 80 seconds cooldown and extremely useful in teamfights and make your team get kills easier but it doesn’t get in cooldown if interrupted… you hear the sound of it but he can immediately cast it again. so yeah ridiculous indeed

It can be cast before or just as tf is about to engage, like etc running like a maniac into enemy team, then mephisto tps and novas, theres multiple uses. But i don’t really get why his ult is put on full CD if interrupted. Although the ult is broken when playing against abathur, if he takes the global at 10 then upgrades at 20, uses it to kill a hero, second shot will kill Abathur.

yeah that’s true but it’s not like you’ll get vs abathur every game as mephisto or even sure that you’ll reach 20 before winning or losing the game. and most of the time i see mephisto player’s picking Durance of Hate root is pretty useful and making him get tons of value of Lightning Nova. i would take that over an ult that’ll get on full cd due to an interruption during channeling lol

I prefer Durance myself, even though i barely ever played Mephisto, it’s just odd to me that some ults go full CD for some reason…

apparently their only answer to that “some reason” is to “counter it” because clearly you can’t stun him or silence him or boop him away etc to stop his ult from channeling right? xD

If you can’t control where you want dickard’s ult to be effective you have a serious issue.
How can a super human who can dodge stay a while huge area of effect can not dodge claws into sleep? If one is hardly avoidable so is the other one.

Not sure about this. Have you switched info comparing abilities to a deckard into malganis situation?
But hey let’s give it a try: because if i use the ult before the guy tries to interrupt me he is in the same situation as you described before and then he is screwed?

And nothing prevents you to do alt saphire and alt scroll into ult to be sure MG has a hard time reaching you before you ult.

Anyway deckard can solo MG once he gets to level 20 anyway. Not even sure you can be cheesed by conversion while healing yourself.

Insult and no counterpoint only emotional driven answers…what a disapointement.

??? who said what? you insulted first and now you don’t like it back? how interesting.

and once again mal’ganis sleep can be controlled and you sleep the specific targets you want for your team to burst them down while deckard must use his ult perfectly timed during a teamfight etc. and his team must not keep attacking the enemy team who are affected by his ult = requires communications / smart players that wouldn’t ruin your sleep. while mal’ganis can use his sleep whenever he want’s and get picks for his team early game not wait for lvl 10 or 20. and deckard goes on full cd if interrupted while mal’ganis must wait only few seconds… you’re saying just because deckard’s sleep is “aoe” makes it better… so if deckard’s team wake up the targets right away after his ult = he did nothing. and there goes the full cd! hf

also if you don’t like someone to be rude towards you then don’t be rude towards people. nothing personal but you were disrespectful there and i can’t let you have it~

1 Like

Muradin with ministun talent on level 7, Q then auto attack like hell.

1 Like

Dark Conversion is DoT (like Xul’s Poison Nova), Lunara can counter it with Abolish Magic.

p.s: After Blizzard removed spell shields from most roles, abilities like DC don’t have too much counters.

dark conversion does have channeling time. if you can stun him before it finishes, you will cancel it :+1: .

also a mal’ganis thats usually baiting for that will purposely not attack you much. stun or knock him around when you see it coming , kill him and, press “T” and repeatably press B as you leave !

Also blinds, sheep, % damage, strong self-sustain like Dehaka has for example.

I find Uther to be a good answer to Mal’Ganis.