How player perception shapes the metagame

So a while back his q use to do percent damage and he could oneshot ppl, then he got reworked. During the rework they changed his q to not deal percent damage (13 talent), while decreasing it’s range, initial damage, and wall stun damage. For a bit people thought this killed q oneshots. Then blizzard changed the scaling on it but increased the max damage bonus (buff) of the 13 talent, which brought it back, which people still hated, so then bliz basically gutted the talent for the reasons I previously stated. Yes they have given q an extra 10 damage on wall stun since then. But I still don’t believe any of it had to do with W, and bliz stated their reasoning pretty clearly with it.

Here are the dev comments I was referring to - cut short -, although yes the giant grenade did get nerfed as well,

Developer Comment: Ana came to the Nexus during the ‘Quest Revolution’ where we were adding them in as many places as we could. We have learned a lot since that time
Developer Comment: While Ana’s current win-rate is sitting above most other Healers, and North of 50%, we have made some changes to make her feel more meaningful in solo-Support compositions.
Developer Comment: While Ana is showing a positive win rate, we’re still not seeing her picked up in the solo-Support position as often as we’d like.

Personally I think the downswing in support’s overall power as well as the upswing in tanks/bruisers overall power puts kael in a reasonable spot in the meta, because he has his own multiman stun, as well as shield level 1, and his abilities tend to work better on bigger, less* mobile people who play in melee range of each other.
Also pyro is particularly good against the top 3 supports in my mind right now, rehgar and ana and decard.

1 Like

Yeah. It was honestly more of an issue for bruisers and some of the tanks. But people who played assassins and pushed their luck by walking into Diablo would get chunked.

1 Like

Yup, specifically the old level 13 quest talent that would make q deal more and more damage the more you collided with walls.

Yeah, but before the rework the q range was absurd so it was just trouble for anyone who could see a diablo lol.

1 Like

Well, it was/ still is a problem for Tracer. I would know lol.

1 Like

That’s fair, way back when you could dodge pyro with blinks in general it use to be way easier, now all tracer has is e which has to be done pretty specifically and, just keeps getting a longer and longer cd x)

I’m ok with the current cd. it’s the horrific delay that bothers me.

Every time I watch someone else play Tracer. They recall right back to where they were and get killed.

Those were the good old days. :broken_heart: