How does the self healing stat work?

I thought it meant “amount of shields and healing you provided to yourself” but when i played rehgar i had zero self healing. so obviously it must mean something else.
can somebody explain?

Good question, I’ll have to pay attention to this. At least with non-healers it appears to work fine, as I stack up a ton of self-healing with ETC, Yrel, etc.

Perhaps it’s ability-based rather than target-based, and abilities which can heal anyone count in the general “healing” tab regardless of who was actually healed while those which can only heal you go into “self healing”?

1 Like

Nope!
It means what it means.

There are just lots of abilities which either don’t hookup correctly to the right stat, don’t hook up to anything, or report inaccurate numbers.

rehgar has multiple sources to heal himself.
how can i have absolutely zero self healing after a whole game then? and before you try it, of course i actually healed myself with Q, with my Ult even, etc.

so the stat doesnt simply mean “healing done to yourself”. it must have additional prerequisites.

like I said, what you state is EXACTLY what the stat is meant to be.

Just, they didn’t finish all the fixing and QA required to ensure healing is properly being attributed to the correct healing stat.

Some healing doesn’t count towards either still! I don’t recall examples off the top of my head, but I’m 99% sure some things don’t count at all to either healing stat.

An example of self healing being broken: symbiote healing counts towards healing towards allies, but the shield itself counts towards Abathur’s self healing.

Or maybe it’s vise versa. But either way they didn’t fix the issues with healing tracking before rolling this separation of the two out.

i mean, technically you could be right, but it sounds a little bit too “conspiracy theory” to me, so ill wait if somebody has any other ideas.

the person before you mentioned that it might just count abilities that ONLY heal yourself (like a lot of bruisers and tanks have)

No, it’s not, QA knows that they don’t have them fixed, and they have like 30-40 tracked things.

I’m getting my info on the fact not everything is tracked from HotS QA.

Valla’s Tempered by Discipline counts towards allied healing.
So that theory is out.

whats QA?

Quality Assurance. The people who find what causes bugs and works on fixing them. Or letting others know how to fix them. I’m not 100% sure exactly who does the bug-fixing. I think it might depend on the source of the bug.

They’re the ones who “run” the Bug Report section of the forum, or at least read every post.

so you mean they have this issue listed under their known issues?

no, while it irks me, apparently things appearing under known issues isn’t done for all issues.

I imagine that mostly has to do with it would cause it to be a pain to update. I believe known issues is generally the “highly reported/easy to find” bugs that are not fixed yet.

But I could be wrong.

so… theres no official legit source for your claim? or is there?

There is no public facing source to my knowledge that I could link to.

But if you really think I’m lying over this, well, feel free to believe that.

I don’t see any good quote that “proves” what I say that is short and concise I could use. Although that is the same thing where I simply could be making it all up, I suppose.

edit, actually, I’ll just leave this post as my evidence. I didn’t realize they had publicly made this, but I am part of a bug group that talks directly with QA. That’s how I know.

again, you could be right, but “its just bugged” could be applied to any question ever, and with no source it just takes me nowhere. its like saying “whats that rumbling and light in the sky? it must be angry gods” like… maybe its just a thunderstorm and lightning.

i dont see how this thread from last year has anything to do with this current problem, its not even mentioned in any way…

Did you try reading the text?

I know because I interact with the QA team. Someone emailed them a document of like 40 different oddities with the new system when it went live on the PTR.

I’m telling you why self healing is weird as best I know, which is that the code:

1. doesn’t correctly attribute the healing as to a teammate or two yourself
  2. Doesn’t count the healing towards either, possibly because it is not always accurate in how it tracks the healing
  3. other things.

Basically the reason that you’re not getting self healing is becauase they either didn’t find that the abilities you note are bugged in tracking the healing they provided (obviously they’re not). So instead the bug is clearly on differentiating between who the ability/healing is done to.

Or maybe it’s something else! Mostly we report bugs to QA directly via chat, not find the root causes ourselves.

with all due respect but even the part you quoted here does in no way provide any helpful information for this problem. it doesnt prove that youre “in contact with them” or anything.

and again again, you may be right, but i dont see any factual proof. so, what you say is a possible reason, but just as much speculation as the rest.

just saying “well it might be bugged” can be applied to almost any question ever, so it really doesnt help.
“why cant i kill qhira? must be bugged!”
“my controller must be broken” etc.

sometimes the controller IS broken, but so far theres no proof. unless you could point me to some specific heroes, abilities, scenarios where i myself can experiment and see for myself that healing is not counted, not attributed properly, etc. that would be something i could verify or falsify. do you understand what im saying?

Valla’s self healing only talent at 13, for her AA counts towards healing allies.
Abathur’s symbiote’s carapace shield counts for self heal, but it’s healing (And spine burst’s healing) counts towards allied healing.

I don’t know if it was fixed but there was an issue where Li Li’s dragon healing thingy would provide double healing if it was cast on her (it might have required a talent).

Not sure what else you’re asking for. But last I heard a list of ~40 was sent via email for the lead of the QA bug chat to see what is new and what they’ve already got tracked!

I’m telling you that based on my experience talking with members of the Heroes QA team, it is buffed.

I linked a post explaining there is a group of frequent bug reporters who talk with members of Heroes QA team via groups in the Blizzard launcher.

maybe, just maybe, I know it’s a bug because Heroes QA has said it was buggy in how it tracks things. and/or valid bugs about it not tracking things correctly have been filed before and not resolved?

the first would obviously not be a bug, unless it was an ability not interacting correctly with Qhira
The second one is clearly a technical issue.

now youre just being obtuse… well you said your part, you may be right, but for now i have to close this as “unsolved” thanks.

If you hover over the “self healing” stat you’d see it explained that it only tracks abilities that cannot be cast on allies and only on self. All Rehgar’s healing abilities minus that wolf talent can benefit other allies and that’s why it’s not listed here.

ah thank you! i must have overlooked that. ill try it out again later tonight.

1 Like