How do the forum ranks work?

what the title says except im not entirely sure what they are called.
how does one get the ability to link things and post pictures?
are there any other benefits?
how does someone know if they have been blessed with such power?
and what are the limits beyond the standard “dont be a jerk and keep it safe for work”?
will it blend?

You don’t get a notification. The only way I noticed it was that I was entering a meme in link form in a thread using </> but I forgot to use </> and accidentally posted it.

Normally, it prevents you from posting a link if you’re not tl3 so when I saw that the link went through and it was clickable, I decided to see if I could post images and that’s how I found out.

I don’t know all of the requirements, I just know that with the whole COVID19 epidemic, I’ve had a lot more time to browse the forums and then I just happened to get it.

1 Like

Never heard of it.
Does it blend?

Edit: imagine a world with out post editing…

1 Like

You need to get certain requirements.
Basically read a lot of commetns (at least make the blue little circle disappear during intense scrolling), log in every day, get a few likes and posts.

There’s a wrench icon under your posts next to the likes and flags and the reply text.
Also, now you can see it at your profile page as “regular”.

1 Like

Ah, thanks.
Is member level 1 or 2?

Ah, yeah. I forgot about that. Someone mentioned that in another thread.

It looks like this:

1 Like

Not sure, but 2 iirc.

1 Like

lvl 2 i’m a member as well i was lvl 3 but i lost it when i wasn’t active enough.

Problem is you need to read 100 posts a day. And this forum is barely active for 100 posts

1 Like

Lets find out

Edit: oh, neat

1 Like

Those trust level rules are rather really outdated and misleading in certain areas whilst mostly on point.

This details them better:

1 Like

Wait, the forum has private messaging?

No :sweat_smile:,it’s just the requirements in that article are on point.
its not 20k posts read in the last 100, its 25% of all posts in the last 100 days (caps on 20k).

2 Likes

Hard to get, easy to lose.

2 Likes

This. I thought you had to nolife 20k posts to get it, but in fact you just have to read some troll topics and threads that do not interest you from the last 3 months, then you can post images/links.

If you visit this forum daily anyway, that wont take more than 30-60 mins of extra reading.

Wait, what blue circle?

In the right to corner of comments there is a dot which shows if you “read” it or not.

1 Like

1 Like

I still dont have tl3 even after 29,5k posts read. Got silenced once because I called a junkrat portraid toxic forum user dumb

Edit: also because this non toxic or violating of the rules topic I made 20k posts ago