HOTS Not Being Revived With Microsoft

This is mainly the reason why I hold hope they might bring back at least a pinch of devs for this game. It was cut not for the reasons games are often cut, which might convince the new execs to bring some activity back.

3 Likes

Another big opportunity to embarrass the company. Fingers crossed if it happens it will come along with the game update loop bug. I’m still curious how they’ll manage OW2 and something tells me you’ll still have to create a bnet account in order to play. BIG, HUGE SUCCESS.

I’m not making fun at your expense but the game just feels terrible unless you’re moving diagonally and it only becomes worse when you are riding a horse because you aren’t looking at the game world but your eyes are firmly fixed on the minimap.

While dungeons primarily branch out and extend in this preferred fashion, much of the open wilderness does not. It’s a shame that the sense of scale is lost because of the poor camera.

I get it, sort of.

I always played these games more casually, being grown up with effectively 1v1 games, I still enjoyed original D3 leveling without gear (one pack at a time, slowly) but what it evolved into wasn’t my thing. I’m aware the style was always there, particularly with Sonya the Barbarian - just watching her zoom-zoom charge build made me dizzy :smiley:

Point is, pacing can make a big difference. As far as I saw, D4 is very much like late D3, so I skipped it. Plus the price.

I have a faint memory some (EA) games did require that and didn’t succeed until it was removed. Guild Wars 2 chose the polar opposite, you cannot even migrate. Dovetail’s Train Sim games require it to save / publish progress, otherwise optional.

The trick is, Heroes still needs its servers to play, but it could trust Steam to link accounts. While - thanks to the token-based authentication - it can be pretty painless as is: you never log in, practically. I expect people to ask for it, for otherwise it means a fresh start for everyone (preserving and carrying statistics would be jolly nice).

1 Like

if they buy blizz im out of MS… Blizzard is a faaaaakhole

1 Like

Umm… They already did. Like, a year ago.

Bestie, its time to stop using Internet Explorer, the acquisition was finalized a few weeks ago.

3 Likes

the acquisition still hasn’t happened.

The deadline to close the deal was scheduled for july 18, but due to the legal blocks, that’s been extended to Oct 18. The CMA still hasn’t approved, but that’s considered a matter of ‘when’ and not ‘if’ since the FTC withdrew their complaint.

1 Like

the soon™️ acquisition

There was a website, whose name I cannot recall, that made the first official Frostmourne replicas (think it was epic something). They’ve had the “Be Back Soon!” up on their web page for about eight years.

Edit: Think I found it; epicswords.

Microsoft submits new Activision Blizzard deal to win over UK regulator…

So did they close the deal NOOOO

Activision Blizzard and Microsoft will want to find a way to get along with regulators in the US and UK in much the same way they did with the EU, by agreeing to a set of demands. But the UK already rejected Microsoft’s remedies when it blocked the deal. The CMA will have to decide whether or not Microsoft’s concessions are sufficient enough to let the deal go through.