Heroes of the Storm PTR Patch Notes - October 23, 2023

You’re stating it like a fact though, when you don’t know if it is a fact. No one is saying that they definitely are, they’re just hoping that it means they are.

The fact is we’ve had updates since 2018 and the game is still in maintenance mode after all these years. This patch is not a sign they are bringing everything back, so no reason to give people hope because “we don’t know”.

As far as we know, this is just a normal maintenance mode patch like we’ve always got.

If we’re going to speak about “unknown”, then we can even say this patch might be the HGC revive patch with 100+ devs working on the game again :man_shrugging:

any change to the game is met by people claiming the devs don’t listen to that particular person. However, few of them actually consider much beyond their particular fixation, so if “both” sides claim a hero is OP and UP they draw the conclusion that the devs “didn’t” listen instead of realizing different players — some having more than 8 years play time — have conflicting requests.

1 Like

I just want a fun gaming experience with no trolls ruining it by acting like babies when they don’t get their way. I think that bliz should listen to people like me who have been playing this game since alpha. I am not saying they shouldn’t listen to new people, and I’m not super worried about the characters, it’s mostly the trolls, the way people get screwed in drafts, the reporting system and the storm league system that is god awful.

The changes to Sylvanas’ trait have had very little impact in my experience. My performance has not been hampered enough to where I want to consider dropping her, just that I have to be more thoughtful with the trait in allowing it to fall off.

Nice changes, but please give Qhira some compensation for those things, those are misleadingly big nerfs for a character that doesn’t perform exceedingly well already. The 50% threshold thing is a little much…

Not sure that you know but it hasn’t been in maintenance mode for years, it went into maintenance on 7/8/2022.

July 8, 2022 is when Heroes of the Storm officially entered maintenance mode

Following that we had 1 patch on July 12, 2022, which was about the free hero- and storm-league rotations.

Then radio silence for basically a year until the surprise patch back in September 20, 2023 and now another patch 1 month later in October.

1 Like

There’s nothing Blizzard can do about that. Every multiplayer game has those.

1 Like

Please, revert the Nova change:

• Anti-Armor Shells now applies debuff after damage.
    Or alternatively buff the talent as a compensation. This nerf is uncalled for :frowning:
2 Likes

Please fully support this game again. So many people loved it and I promise you people would spend 60 dollars a year on average just to keep heroes, balancing, and maps coming, even at a slow rate.

It was always supposed to work like that.

I think they standardized it so that if they ever make a change that affect these types of talent/ abilitiess, they’ll all be changed the same way in one go.

Still kinda sucks that nova is getting any nerfs tho

1 Like

my friend told me an insider told him microsoft is planning to revive the game, not sure how legit but it’s the word !

Just officially, but everyone knows it has been since 2018 when they cancelled everything and transfered devs to other projects.

The things we got back then where already in the pipeline almost ready to release.

1 Like

I strongly doubt that this early, MS even knows HotS exists…

1 Like

Oh.

https://streamable.com/voib9h

That’s a big change.

we can only hope but my friend really did tell me this. I hope its true, copium is strong with me :slight_smile:

2 Likes
3 Likes

Maybe it was meant to work this way, but this is still a huge nerf, so they should at least compensate her for it.