Heroes of the Storm Patch Notes — September 20, 2023

I think a hidden fix is that we cannot see anymore the number of convection stacked by a KT ennemy

???

Or it was a bug in the game I just had !

Hello!
With the patch, a new bug has been introduced to Muradin’s “Dwarf Block” talent.
You can now jump three times in a row and get a maximum of 10 blocks instead of 4.

Same problem with Malganis’s talent “Winged Guard”.

1 Like

blizzard still need to get the Cho’Gall playable in everyway possible update into the game btw

1 Like

What I don’t understand is why only 2?
There are a lot more, especially when it comes to mounts, and I honestly think there are 50 of them missing. I found a few posts about it on Reddit.

1 Like

Nice bundle from… 2017 here on the shop.
Oh wait…

2 Likes

Well they did fix the main menu.

To adress players constantly complaining about ARAM mirror, and making a million threads about it.

Also, I think the point of fixing bugs is obvious.

The way things “feel” is not a good metric. Also, people don’t understand probabilities.

5% doesn’t mean that you need to play 100 games, and 5 of them will be mirrors.

If you play 8 games, and 2 of them were mirrors, it doesn’t mean the probability was 25%.

The devs never said ARAM was created for diversity when they made it. Diversity is the opposite of randomness.

Your kids could have similar faces or not, that’s random. Diversity is your kids always having completely different faces. (And twins/triplets being impossible) That is the opposite of random.

Isnt’t that what defines skill expression? 5 people play a hero, one person plays it much better than the other 4. He/she is not playing the hero the same way they are.

I believe it is bias. The same way people don’t notice when they win because their comp was heavily favored in QM, or because an enemy player was afk. But they will notice when it happens on their team.

So, after about two dozen games with the changes to Sylvanas, I find that it just makes her slightly more difficult to play with against skittish opponents and harder for her to ramp up damage against bot compositions that can force her to withdraw before reaching critical mass so to speak. Other than the slight delay up front, my personal effectiveness with her has not changed that much.

Granted, I am a bot boi, but I can see it being an issue with her being neutered against other players.

Now, personally, I feel that all she needs (I am honestly kinda ‘eh’ about it) is a slight buff in the form of the passive and active duration being bumped up from 3 seconds to 4 (to be more forgiving when weaving in and out of combat as well as make her active trait slightly more potent) and/or/maybe have the damage bonus increased from 25% to 30% so as to compensate for the delay by giving her a bit more up front damage without opening up a can of worms in buffing everything else.

Another route is buffing her attack speed, but by how much I am not certain nor do I believe that would be a wise course of action as in my opinion that would lead to certain talents being picked more over others and may have unforseen side effects with hero interactions.

The alternative I can think of is buffing all her tier 1 talents a smidge, but that could lead to problems due to how they synergize with other talents, heroes, and whatnot (although I doubt anyone would be upset if Unfurling Shadows damage was boosted from 5% to 6% per stack at minimum) which could lead to unforseen consequences.

Now, if we were to take the buff tier 1 route I think the following would work fine:

Might of the Banshee Queen: 5% to 6% for attack and spell damage respectively.

Unfurling Shadows: .5% to .6% or even .75%, but personally I would tack on something like 'if any enemy dies while under the effect of Shadow Dagger add x amount of stacks (5 sounds like a good number off the top of my head) just because the talent needs a bit of extra love. It would also make the talent not so useless while on teams that have heavy burst to where she is not able to get stacks, so it wouldn’t be quite as a one trick pony as it is now.

Overwhelming Affliction: 1% to 1.25% or 1.5% (1.5% is most likely too powerful for such an early level talent) with maybe a boost to the slow, although I think it is fine as is, but I would not complain if it was bumped up to 17.5% or 20% speed reduction, but I am sure I would need to lock my doors and close the draps on my windows if it was made to happen and people got a wiff that I may or may not have contributed to the cause of their misery against a skilled Sylvanas using said talent.

That’s my two cents on her at the moment.

1 Like

They will just find something els to complain about. Its naive to think people will be satisfied with mirror games gone. Then they will complain about why his team get no healer options while enemy team got one. Or the usual leaving when people dont pick the heroes you want them to pick.

At this point nothing matters. Complainers will complain until everything has been removed.

Minorities want to decide what is best for the game while majority get what they like removed cause Blizzard cater to the loudest baby in the room.

I don’t mind having them little by litlle, it gives something to wait at each patch

3 Likes

I agree, some things are worth the wait, I’ll huff all the copium I can find regarding this unexpected patch. Hopefully it signals that Hots will receive more Dev attention moving forward.

4 Likes

And it’s probably the copium speaking, but this patch arrived two months after the previous one, like when the game was still having updates. May it be the sign that HOTS is really having a come-back ? I will certainly excpect a patch in two months !

2 Likes

RIP Sam

1 Like

that is a very substantial nerf to Sylvanas’s dmg but it seems like no one cares.

1 Like

@Spazzo, are these all the bugs from your list?

I’ve just noticed the “in love” cloud mount (dunno how it translates in english) in the store, someone knows if it was add with this patch or after ?

It turns out they forgot to indicate that in this patch Medivh received what he had been waiting for a long time: the correct operation of spellpower and healing from blocked damage from the shield.
Before this patch I was checking to see if I would get 160 HP at +60% spellpower instead of 100 HP, I got the number of critical hits but it was still the same 100 so basically it meant spell power didn’t affect the healing from the shield at all.

1 Like

A patch that has been clearly worked on for months…but…

• Why are there still Support heroes? These heroes make no sense. Just move them to the appropriate place. These heroes make QM abysmal, matching Zarya vs. Abby?
  • Blaze is still a Tank? Only Blizzard thinks Blaze is a tank. Anyone that plays HOTS at a high level play Blaze as a Bruiser.
  • Any buffs to underplayed heroes or Level 10s? Blizzard has these statistics. They know which heroes are weak and which Level 10s are never picked. Buff them by 1% to 5%. It’s not that freaking hard and maybe we’d actually see these heroes instead of the 15 or some odd that are ALWAYS played.

I mean, it’s not rocket science.