Heroes of the Storm Content Update - December 21

I get what you’re saying. I totally agree that artists should be paid. Wasn’t trying to say that the contest should cover all work from concept start to actual implementation finish but rather just basic concepts. I guess it was just a desperate measure so that a game I love doesn’t just disappear.

First off all, thank you Blizzard and Kaéo Milker for making this great game for us. Here is my list of thoughts to Kaéo Milker. I am hoping that you read my view on the game. I want to talk about Hero League and Team League - how you can make both working with very little adjustment. Second, Social Grouping also a very important point for your success - how to keep your costumers playing this game and getting beginners better integrated - In other words how to growth the game. I also have an idea to get back your competitve part of the game: Automated Tournaments. The competitve part is a bit left behind since HGC is gone so I think it is important and can be helpful to reach your goal to make this game exciting on a high Level.

To me: I have a game play time in heroes of 100 days. Just that you know a bit of my background and that I am dedicated to heroes. In my opinion is heroes the best game of all Blizzard titles at this moment.

I would like to start off with good new features in 2018 and Hero League and Team League that needs a little bit of adjusting. Second, I want to list what I miss and what is a must in my opinion.

Good new features in 2018:

1. I think the best feature ever added was the ingame voice chat. I am impressed of the sound quality and how easy it works. Thank you for that.

2. Quick Play is much better as ever before because of the new rule 1x Tank, 1x Healer, 1x Assassin and 2x Flex. But one thing I would like to ask you, could you extend the search time for the perfect match to 60 seconds instead of 30 seconds. (I am playing on EU Server and I think we got couple of more player as other smaller regions so it would be for more enjoyable matches. ** Also resulting in better and balanced compositions.**)

Hero League and Team League adjustment

At this Moment Hero League is not really enjoyable because of the long que times. A lot of solo que players are searching Team League instead of HL to find very quick a game, causing the problem that you search even longer for Hero League matches. The experince in those TL matches are not really ideal. I often find myself in a match up with 8 solo que players and only one team of 2 players. TL was not made for that; It should really not work like that. Matches are very snowbally because of the smurf issues in TL. You don’t even need your heroes on Level 5. People use TL to level their heroes up. If you search solo que TL, you often match parties with 1x Master, 3x Gold and 1x Sliver against you. They are smurfing and abusing the System; if you solo que, you can not really do much against this, because most players don’t use voice chat outside of groups. In Hero League you can handle smurfs because it is less often and you don’t match a complete team of smurfs against you. So it is more enjoyable for me but the que times are insane because of TL. Makes ranked for me nearly unplayable.

My final conclusion for HL and TL:

1. Solo que players can only search for Hero League; They may be taken over to Team League if a 4 men party needs a fifth player or 2 teams of 2 players need a fifth player to be complete.

2. Solo que players can check a box if they want to be moved from HL over to TL while searching a HL match. (swap of player to TL only when point 1 happens)

3. Team League should stay open to play with any rank together in a group. Do not add any restrictions like in the past (like can only play with one league above and under you).

This little adjustment will make Hero League que times reasonable and enjoyable again.

What I miss in this game / How to growth the game with Social Features:

1. Advanced Group search that is always running even in the background while playing a game as long as you turn it on. You can search players for different modes at the same time. Your selection: Select up to 2 different languages, select game modes you are seeking for, how many players are you searching?, select the role you want to play, select role you are searching a player for, select only with mic or without, select experince level and rank, search for coach or offer that you can coach players. You don’t need to fill out all selections. Once the System find a perfect match you will get a Pop up and get asked to meet each other. If you press accept, each other get added and a voice chat room will be created and you can start talking.

2. Automated Tournaments (can also be added to the selection system of group search)

This brings the exciting part of high level play back since HGC is gone. Also interesting for streamers to stream their tournament journey. Starting with quartafinals to finals = 3 matches won = title (like sc2)

1. I miss the option to buy any skin for gems. I think that was your biggest failure; you could have made more money with this game. Why do you make it so hard for costumers to buy an item. You should make the costumers life much easier. If they want to buy items with real currency then let them do so. Why should I not? Money does not stinks. Also I would have loved to buy HGC stuff directly in your shop and not on Twitch.

My last Point is about what needs to be done. Like a must do.

1. Microtransaction should stay microtransactions = max 200 up to 400 gems per tint/Skin. Those bundle prices have nothing to do with microtransactions; the price is not reasonable for most costumers and you will lose money - a lot of more players would buy your stuff if the price is reasonable.

2. Don’t give Skins for free. In my opinion crafting was the worst idea ever for this game. Stop giving your hard work for free.

3. Please, host a Global Invitational Tournament on BlizzCon with 8 -12 Teams. You need eSports and action on BlizzCon and you can show that HotS is still rocking. I find this is a must and very important for your brand.

4. My very last point is about your Match Maker. You should not waste any more hours on fixing MM. You worked on this 3 years now and it is still not better or worse so focus on the points above because those points will really help you to bind costumers. People will always complain about MM.

Thank you for reading. I hope that my thoughts are helpful for you.

Balancing Issues:

Please, reduce „E“ amor from 50 to 20 on Sgt. Hammer.

Please, rework Mal’Ganis “E” to only sleep first hero hit and reduces DPS of all heroes hit by 20% for 3 secs.

I want to add an idea to improve Quick Play to find a perfect match up (1x Tank, 1x Assassin, 1x Healer, 2x Flex)

How about if a player who is searching with an Assassin Hero is asked to change his Hero to a Tank. A screen pops up saying we can start a game right away but we are missing a Tank for your team to get a proper and fair composition for both sides. All tanks are list under this message. You can click on a Tank you want to play and press accept. System says: A fair Game can start now. Loading…

You got 10 seconds to select and accept. If you don't accept or 10 seconds run out then the next player will be asked. People who tab out to desktop will be tabed back in if this notification pops up. If all 5 players on the team don't accept the game starts as it is without a tank in this example.

Same goes if a Healer is missed for the composition.

Necro’d. May the dead never die.

This has been discussed in detail many times, and the resounding consensus is it’s never gonna happen.

Stop giving up the moment it looks grim and learn to play from behind.

Threads should automatically lock after a certain amount of time passes, unless pinned.

3 Likes

I completely agree with you. We should start with the RIP downvotes thread that has gone off the rails hundreds of posts ago.

I have had a constant issue with leveling in ranked. After every game, my bar barely goes up so I get like maybe 2 points at most each game, which is way different than it has been in the past. I know this has been an issue for others. I was just wondering why this is happening because it’s impossible to rank in hero league.

Make stealth great again!

1 Like

Why are you Necroing an 1 year old thread that has no relevance to your post.

If you think the dev will see it and reply because its in his thread, You are wrong. create a new topic and post it there.

Here is why your ranked is only about 25 points. YOU are BRONZE 5 so climbing and falling rates are reduced to 25 point increments. I suspect to prevent people from falling to bronze 5/ 0 pts which means they may give up or grief.

1 Like

Blizzard should really make old threads read only

6 Likes

Thats is what Reddit does. Lock every thread that is other then 6 months so some new account cant necro them. Should not be that hard to do this here too.

3 Likes

I’ve been saying this for literally a year and a half now.

If a thread hasn’t been active in the last X number of months (ideally 3-4) then it automatically locks and can no longer be posted in.

2 Likes

time to start perma banning the necromancers :expressionless:

this would be problematic for threads that don’t get updated on a regular base like the Hall of builds

I wish we had a more active mod base. One, to lock these threads faster. But also to more easily ask for favours. It’d be cool to pin more community threads like the Salt Mine and Meme thread.

2 Likes

You should have bumped your own thread to get the message across.

1 Like