Help with attack move bind

i play lol.
i enjoy the idea of heroes and have tried to play it over the years but i use the “attack on left click” bind in lol and i cannot figure out how to set it that way in heroes, google is worthless and i can’t find it posted.
all i’ve found is it cannot be done, or just says to do it and doesn’t read left click as a bind change in the keybind menu.
this game is so strange feeling pushing A for every attack and i have never been able to play it for more than a few days before i go back to league.
i want to play some of the cool champs that this game offers, and on occasion grit and bear it.

If you want to use that bind in HotS as well, you can try setting Attack to Quick Cast on button press in the settings. I have never tried it though.

Or if your mouse allows macros, binding move+ A to left click could work.

One of the first hots fan vids was also a tutorial for players to use those kind of key binds.

(vid is 2014, I don’t know if all these tips will work in 2020…)

edit - I also found this on reddit to be used in Hotkey profiles (Documents - Heroes of the storm - Accounts - Hotkeys).

[Settings]

Grid=1

[Hotkeys]

PTT=

ControlGroupRecall1=

ControlGroupRecall2=

ControlGroupRecall3=

ControlGroupRecall4=

InventoryButtonUse0=F

InventoryButtonUse1=1

InventoryButtonUse2=2

Selection=

CommandButton06=

CommandButton10=LeftMouseButton

[Commands]
1 Like

It does work. I have my attack/move set to my left click.

In “Hotkeys” → Basic.

Imgur

Just change the “A” key to your mouse button. Don’t forget to remap your cast.

1 Like

Here are my settings below for QUICK CAST ON RELEASE with Attack on Left Click and Force Move on Right Click. Heads up, you have to use a modifier to do interactions with objects, eg; wells, shrines, tributes. I have it set to Control + Right mouse button. It shows the talent panel. I’m not concerned about this because if I am capping something, that is a good time to check my latest /current talent selection.
NOTE: I have noticed some people bind SmartCommand to the middle mouse button. I personally don’t like pressing the mouse wheel down because of the chance of changing the camera zoom. Other options could be forward or back buttons… You decide whatever button is best for you.
The item in [QuickCastModes] move=On , needs to be turned on in order for the right click ForceMove to work in game as intended. You may want to have attack=On as well. This configures A and left click on press, instead of release.
I use alt to ping alerts and wanted my camera lock/unlock easily accessible so rebound it to G.

Let me know how this goes. I haven’t tested it yet on all heroes or Objective Vehicles.

[Settings]
Grid=1
GlobalQuickCastMode=OnUp

[Hotkeys]
CameraFollow=L,G
CameraTurnLeft=Insert
CameraTurnRight=Delete
MinimapPing=P,M
StatusAll=K
Selection=Control+LeftMouseButton
SmartCommand=Control+RightMouseButton
CommandButton10=A,LeftMouseButton
CommandButton20=RightMouseButton

[Commands]

[QuickCastModes]
move=On

[Modifiers]
QueueCommand=Shift
Announce=Alt

Force Move causes issues with hanzo’s Q ability, maybe others???

So I made a regular SmartCommand right click with A left click hotkey profile for him. I just switch hotkey profiles after I have selected the hero for the match.

[Settings]
Grid=1
GlobalQuickCastMode=OnUp

[Hotkeys]
CameraTurnLeft=Insert
CameraTurnRight=Delete
Selection=Control+LeftMouseButton
StatusAll=K
CommandButton10=A,LeftMouseButton

[Commands]

[QuickCastModes]

[Modifiers]
QueueCommand=Shift
Announce=Alt

I doubt the OP is still looking for this 10 months later…

The response was for the general public, not just him. Thank you for understanding.

1 Like

Better to create your own thread in that case.

As much as you are helping the forums, may I refer you to this genius of a person?

I appreciate the help, but next time you can continue the discussion by making a topic about it by pressing “reply as linked topic” :+1:

1 Like