[Guide] Tracer Rework | "The Cavalry's Here!"

This is a Samy tracer thread. Respect the man and his job.

3 Likes

Sami isn’t the man. He’s already Tracer.

2 Likes

I see the point in usage of Bullet Spray but the main thing is that sort of weakness is nullified by picking waveclear in draft for Tracer.

In QM it make sense, I made it situational just in case of it, Heavy Handed provides some really interesting damage increase, something that is rather close to pre pulse bomb nerf too to some extent, and its synergy with other talents to apply this bonus for 12 seconds straight while affecting all damage talent makes overall a good choice to not ignore in the first place.

Additionally as I’ve said in pre rework, Ricochet does the job somewhat, and provide multiple bonuses at the same time that are effective to many different talents on different tiers (especially now with the sustain she gets from attacking).

2 Likes

I cringed. You know it was a joke right? Please confirm you knew it was a joke

1 Like

You have inspired me
you monster

2 Likes

Hehe, thanks. :smiley:

If anyone curious in how to make stuff like this you can always follow my pinned guide:

Extensive Guide to Forum Syntax

1 Like

Nice guide as always friend :smiley:

1 Like

This guide now makes me want to try out Tracer, I just need my duo to help me out.

Thanks!

Did Sami start Tracer apocalypse by this guide?

post this guide on reddit, Sami, I want people to suffer there

Meh. I was kinda used to her old talents and with the new talents I got confused. But i find this really helpful. Thanks Sami ^^
Btw. Isn’t Is That a Health Pack!? a must-pick talent due to her low health?

1 Like

TL;DR : click on ppl. They ded.

How much of this can be done without Level 3 privileges?
I figure no “icons” whatsoever.

Anything that does not include images in general sadly. :frowning:

As for links there’s few of them allowed, and yes I go into details of which is allowed and which is not.

1 Like

Wtf is this nerd thread?

As having 0 experience in this regard (the best metric for showcasing knowledge) clearly the secret power to reworked tracer is trait-build Tyrande.

• Offers remote healing (mark of mending)
  • Global Healing (Shadowstalk)
  • Ranged Shrinkray to assist Tracer trading against unfavorable match-ups (owl talent)
  • Boosts attack damage and reduces armor (for that sweet sweet Focus Fire tracer build) which also saves on tracer talent picks (so she can be a disney princess and make her own choices now!)
  • Non-skill shot healing (point and click can’t miss :smiley: )
  • Carries a piano wire (bow string) in the event Tracer says too much
  • Thematically matching skins to showcase their godly prowess.
  • Jean luc Picard announcer to “Make it so”

I think the issue with Tyrande with Tracer is mostly the fact she needs to keep up with a fast paced hero who moves all the time to keep applying heals, well not all of them obviously but I always consider her Q being the highest source of it no?

Also what’s the range for her Q? Just curious.

Light of Elune has the range of 8, not really a massive one. It’s still far better than what Xenterex is suggesting because Mark has the range of 6 (7.5 with Huntress’ Fury). Technically you can use Starfall from level 20 but who builds their comp on a level 20 talent?

I think the best Tracer support as Tyrande is the same she always uses, Elune’s Chosen. AFAIK it’s her main source of burst healing as it directly converts 175% of your AA damage against anything for 4 seconds. It has the range of 7 so it can be cast just before Tracer dives and you don’t need to overextend with her, just have enough targets to randomly shoot.

If you could go through and replace each of the five instances of “clip” that you used in your guide with “magazine” that would be appreciated. A clip is a tool used to load a magazine, and a magazine (whether detachable or integrated) is a device that holds the ammunition that is then feed into the chamber through the breech.

While I doubt Tracers space age laser guns use either, a magazine of some variety is far more likely to be utilized than a clip. That said, I’m pretty sure during a reload, Tracer is in fact just recharging her laser pistols using the whirligig machine doodad drilled through her chest, and if that’s the case, “recharge” or “reload” would be better terminology than either clip or magazine. Clip remains by far the worst option to use, though.

Yeah I would consider her for sure, but as far from what I’ve heard she’s really fallen out of the meta with constant nerfing and other healers being buffed.

They are called clips in Overwatch. Although HotS refers to them as magazines. They should be magazines but people refer to them as clips because the original game also does.