Forum coaching by me

So this was asked by multiple forum users.
I have no idea how this will turn out out or if people actually listen.
But if I can reach 1 person with my wise words I think I did my job.

So forum coaching
Basicly any question you have (hots related) Put it in here.

For example:
Is my build correct
Does my hero fits in this comp.
How do I improve my reactions?
What is a good state of mind before queueing up

Why listen to me?
Hey this was on demand. So people must like what I write :stuck_out_tongue: I do my best to do detailed examples.
I almost play all the heroes but my prefered rolls are tank and healers. Ive been coached by high level of players and have coached myself. And participated in several tournements like heroeslounge.
And hey im doing this for free!

4 Likes

Was Hannibal correct in choosing tp invade Rome or should he have stayed behind to defend from the romans?

4 Likes

Thats a diffirent topic :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Do you know something about Tassadar I don’t know?

Ill answer this one in the thread harb linked

Let me try
Combine him with a Garrosh give the warchief movement speed on 4. You cast it on him and he runs in

Against a Anduin pull instead of walling the target who is out of position off. Wall Anduin of so he cant come close

Vs Artanis. Catch the god swap and phaseshift out so Artanis is between the enemy (dont forget to wall him)

Ultimate bait. Go in a narrow choke. Do as if you are stupid. Stay in front of your tank.
Someone will try to kill you. You wall them off. Team kills the target

How do I play Genji?

Your the master Genji :stuck_out_tongue:
I can talk about braxis and how to use him most effectively. But I cant tell anything you already know

1 Like

Howdy Ana, thanks for doing this.

I’m kinda stuck in a mid-gold loop (I am trying to work on the many flaws in my game) and have decided to focus on healers recently, having one for each occasion and comp is handy) but I think I find myself with the jack of all trades, master of none syndrome and even with consistently good healing numbers (for the most part) I definitely feel like I’m lacking in impact.

With this in mind I have picked up my old friend malfurion (who I played a bunch when he was very easy ha) but my general question is who are your go to healers atm and any advice on something I can focus on to elevate my own impact on games. I try to shot call and ping but generally at the mercy of whomever I’m placed with to get the other important things done.

Any ways, sorry for rambling, hope this finds you well and thanks in advance for any advice. GLHF

1 Like

Even its OW related some of it i can relate too in hots.

So my question for you is: how do i become a better sniper.

1 Like

Stop nano the mercy. (mercymainbtw)

2 Likes

First I want to say the only numbers that matter are teamdeath , teamkills and xp soaked.

You can outheal the other healer but if the enemy team kills more. Who does a better job?
(Im not saying that you dont need to heal. Keep that up)

Reghar Auriel Stukov are great in gold because their main strenght is that they provide more to a fight.

Reghar can do camps and waveclear
Auriel the stun and also waveclear
Stukov can punish people well with a well placed silence. Or even better the root into silence (see lvl 13) this requires some practice and its difficult to land.

Honorable mention to lucio because he can heal everyone at once and enables everyone to get to objectives faster.

The best way to carry in gold is to simply wonder. What is happening and what does the team needs?
4/5 times its providing map pressure / XP
1/5 is fighting
Its sad but true

Also learn to retrain your abilities. Dont spam but use it when needed or when its most effective.
I never use my reghar Q if it only reached 1 target

Position yourself to make your shots feel easyer.

Look at this ming. If ana aproached her from the side. Or from a 45 degrees angle. She would have hit more. This ana just took a position where its really hard to land shots

2 Likes

How do I improve my reactions?

How to know I am learning the gameplay correctly whilr only playing QM?

This is a 2 man job.

Your friend plays Varian taunt or ETC
You play Reghar

Etc and varian have both a 1.25s stun/taunt what is easy to land

All you need to do is press Z as reghar everytime your friend stuns. Once you mastered this, you add it up with a earth totem.

It seems silly but this will really help you react to actions your teammates provide

Either watching replays. Or ask a good teammate / friend if he has feedback. Usually the ones who are a bit more friendly talkative, or say GJ. Thats the people you want to ask.

2 Likes

I am a solo player, playing as a team stresses me a lot

Even if you play with people worse then you? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Its qm so perfect plays dont exist. What you can do is look at someone who makes a big impact and try to copy him next time you play that hero.

1 Like

Ya I found watching pros play actually improves me a lot just by watching once.
If I really want to improve, is playing storm league the best or???

Solo queue teamleague
But beware it can be frustrating.
You need to have the mindset of
“Your playing a game have fun!”

1 Like

imo yes

as I see it, QM is for learning to micro your hero, getting accustomed to his abilities and talents

then, besides fun, there’s no point for QM

Everyone who wants to play or enjoy competitive HotS should go ranked asap.

2 Likes

@AnaBanana

What is for you the list of effective team comps by role ? (role can be anything like “wave clear”, “front”, “cc”, “AoE magic”, “melee healer” and 1 hero can combine multiple roles)

edit : if you have one or few generics, it’s good

1 Like