Forum bug; How to insert youtube links in 2020

Lately the forums has put more restrictions on us commoners by blocking youtube.

You can do a youtube link in 3 ways

1. Be incredible lucky https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RVz1mvOSy0 sometimes it accepts it , sometimes it doesnt
  2. Hyperlink
  1. blockquote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RVz1mvOSy0

Youtube is still whitelisted.

It’s just the preview spawns an image which is not allowed.

Isn’t this an issue with Discourse itself, and not with anything Blizzard changed?

Weirdly enough you have to be lucky now. I had several messages that you cant insert links (even with the mei teaser from IGN) with a youtube link and ive seen others doing block quotes now
Basicly sometimes it accepts youtube links and most of the times it doesnt accept

Seems like the restrictions are growing more excessive as time progresses.

Honestly, they should give TL2s ability to post images. I’m a lot nicer when I have a privilege to protect.

1 Like

so apparently i can post a video but i can’t edit the post anymore to add in sentence as it will give me the error message of can’t put in images in my posts.

this makes no sense.

1 Like

Im wondering why the gap is so huge between the trust levels. Most of us here are well behaved

yes, its very strange. they had whitelisted youtube. now i cant post anything without a code block on the url it seems.

…but besides that i would just like to bring this up again.
ye ol’ syntax thread. it has been there for a while and it has valuable info like how to post links and formatting things.

you know i have wondered that as well. why exactly is it so hard to maintain level 3 after you get it as well? i mean i dont mind grinding out the requirements one time. the maintenance requirements tough are pretty much what kills it. you have to be on the forum all the time.

for me at least it just got tedious. i had my TL3 drop off 3 times. i just said screw it. it really isnt worth it just for posting images. i know it has a few more features but no one really uses them.

Not sure but I think threads would be more fun if TL2 regulars weren’t gimped on the image blockade.

I think that by the time you get TL2, you’re probably a forum regular and if you haven’t been banned yet, it’s probably indicative that you don’t post naughty stuff.

Tl2 is basicly read 50 posts and get in game lvl 20
Tl3 requirements: 20k posts is become the next pope

It literally says you cannot post an image, not a “link”.

Thus its a bug.

I guess that’s good to hear. Even if it takes them forever to fix, at least their intentions aren’t to increase restrictions.

As much from what I’ve gotten nothing have intensively changed, those who lost it got silenced multiple times still getting it back, unless suspended (force log out).

Aside from the force logout, is the end result the same? Can’t you just log back in or does it mean that you can’t log in at all?

Omw to bug fixes then :sunglasses:

1 Like

That’s not the place to report that stuff though.

Report it here:

1 Like

Yes thank you but this place was more fitting then general chat. Just marking it as solved

Old system seemed just fine, where anyone can post Youtube (only HealsonHeels ever abused this) links.
I don’t see why TL2 shouldn’t be able to post full links either, most of those are just regular good folk intent on reasonable discussion.

And as said above if you don’t feel like using the forum for a while anyway, it’s so easy to lose level 3 just by not visiting for a while. Would feel really strange coming back after that and not even being able to post YT clips.