Forfeit option when someone leaves

Could we look into this option as the bots in HoTS are about as useful as a screen door on a submarine. Or at very least don’t screw the team over and penalize us if we leave since it 99% of matches its a loss and no one wants to waste 20+ minutes on a loss.

Pretty sure that is not something that will happen.

I for one am against that suggestion. I have won countless games with a bot in the team, and on rare occasions have seen bots make clutch plays.

Having one less player reduces chances of winning? Sure it does.

Should we reinforce quitter behavior in the game? Probably not.

but at very lease in QM you shouldn’t get penalized for leaving. Not even blizzards other games do that. Not another moba I know shows that if 1 player disconnects the rest of the team has to get screwed over.

I would love a forfeit button just as it is. The biggest problem that this game currently has is that due to the low playerpool and below average matchmaking system getting players way below your MMR in your games is rather common which means that steamrolls one way or another happen more than balanced games (or at least they do in QM even if you exclude draft losses) which makes the gameplay experience frustrating overall since you’re stuck in those games. Not having the option to forfeit seems to induce toxicity too as every time in these games somebody starts either lashing out on other players, constantly feeds to the opponents, goes AFK and/or still leaves the game leaving you with a bot disadvantage.

OP, don’t post duplicate threads, there is a code of conduct. Please do not make two threads for the same thing next time.

thank you.

Here’s a downvote. :-1:

Blizz has stated they won’t introduce a forfeit option and I agree with their position. They have promised for two years now to introduce AFK loss forgiveness in Ranked, but this has never materialized.