Finally words about the next patch

If it just goes on like this, then it will suck a lot :confused: Imagine preparing for this for weeks and then getting destroyed by a new patch. It would really really suck.

Yikes

And this is how you lose more and more players, orgs and everyone working to make hots better. Biggest yikes.

How does anyone have an advantage? The one trick doesn’t have experience with the changed talents any more than you do.

I think you see “learning” as being the same as “adapting”, which is probably where our disagreement comes from.

You said should, and shouldn’t, but none of this is is conclusive.

No patch has ever created that state. I don’t think they’re gong to start now.

No, if I did, I would be better than him. I win the very first match, where I don’t know anything.

If I always won, then I’m better than everyone else. And since everyone has the same information, I should logically keep winning. There’s no logical reason why I should lose.

In order to come up with a strategy, they have to have tested it.

Applies to you as well. But I never even mentioned what I find fun.

I expect Cassia nerfs. Not sure what they can do to D.Va without making her weak again. They’ll probably adjust Gazlowe’s Lvl 20.

Personally, I’ve won more games then I lost against Hogger. I’ve been doing well with Malthael against him. (And for some reason, people seem to forget that they can AA him while he’s spinning)

To be honest, most HotS players don’t care about, or watch the pro scene. Even HGC had low numbers.

They have more experience on the hero, which means they can figure stuff out. It could also just be a damage boost, so nothing really changed, one trick still better.

Maybe. If adaptation means on the spot, then players they shouldn’t need to adapt. Serious tournaments come from people learning and studying things for a period of time and then showing what they learned/practiced in the tournament. Tournaments aren’t supposed to force players to learn new things on the spot, unless you make a tournament just for that purpose.

You gotta learn to play around the enemy team and what they draft or do ingame. That part of the game. But teams need time to study and practice the patch they are playing on.

So lets use adapt as you are using, that people are supposed to adapt on the spot. So, tournaments are meant to display what the teams prepped and refined during the season. That’s what makes great matches. When you throw a patch 3 days before the grand finals, and literally in the middle of the tournament, you shift the focus of the tournament from who prepped/refined better to who adapts better, which doesn’t necessarily shows the best players/teams win.

Just because someone can learn a hero in 3 days doesn’t mean he is better at the hero than someone who needs 7 days to learn the hero. It’s like in your example, with your friend, just because you win against him in any new game, doesn’t mean you’re the better player. That’s why it is not fair. (you might think it is fair since you’re winning that way, and if it was the other way around you’d always lose, but that just shows who’s the better player).

One single small buff can create a whole new meta and change things completely, let’s not even talk about 22.

Exactly, you get the hang of it faster, then you start losing to the better player. That’s why time for practicing, prepping, studying etc is important, to show who is the better player, not the better adapter.

learning faster =/= better player.
Having the same information =/= fair.

People learn things on their own pace, some take a day, some take a week. That’s why you gotta give enough time for players to learn about the patch and all its details. You can literally make the worst team win with a patch before the match, and this is the most unfair thing ever.

Exactly why they need more time.

Neither did I. I’m just talking about what is fair and how things work in esports, sports, life, etc.

This is standard.

I dont think having consistent 50k viewers excluding china in major tournaments is low numbers. CCL has consistent 4-5k viewers, only on major streams, not even counting the second ones. Also lots of players started playing again, also new players came etc etc. CCL was really good for hots, we all should support it, even if you don’t watch it/care.

Saying what rcw said is literally saying you don’t want the game to grow and hots can just die once and for all. It’s like you don’t care about the game.

Also the “no hgc = better patches” is just an easy illusion.

It’s just sad that for a humongous corporation like Blizztivision, we’re on “I guess we just take whatever scraps we get” mode…

1 Like

I hope it brings lvl 100 mastery rings.

4 Likes

So, patch or not, the one trick would have an advantage over you with that hero.

Adaptation isn’t always on the spot, and it isn’t always long term either. In order to thrive, you need both. That’s why daffodils are everywhere.

Not always. There are always early tournaments for games people don’t know everything about yet. Or after changes like patches where in a game with 56+ characters, you cannot know what the meta will be until the tournament happens.

Take DBZ fighters for example. There haven’t been any tournaments for a while after Covid. People only had a glimpse of the meta after the recent online tournament (100% U.I. Goku) And even then, all they have are the numbers. No one is sure what the meta exactly is. But they had almost no information until the tournament happened. And it’s not like it’s a new game.

I can agree with that point. But I don’t think one situation is better than the other. If the winners were better at adapting to a new environment and won. Then they factually were the better team.

Why is it more fair to to advantage people who need more time over those who need less?

What you said was a bunch of heroes becoming Trash tier unplayable. One single small change can’t do that.

That’s your opinion.

Again, same question. Why would you expect the worse team to win when everyone has the same information?

You don’t get my point. You said teams would show up with untested strategies. They cannot showcome up with a strategy that they have never tested. It can’t happen. If they have a strategy that they agreed on, then it means they did test it.

No, that was your opinion. When both participants have the same information , and the same time to adapt to a change. I don’t see who it’s unfair for.

How does it compare to other MoBAs?

We discussed the situation with the teams and we’ll be continuing with this schedule as-is.

Link

3 Likes

The ccl is bold. Now it’s up to blizzard to make the hard choice. Slightly disappointed the ccl made the first punch so soon

That’s probably cause they got a schedule to follow as well, since it involves a lot of people, orgs, money etc.

It’s about time! Also when can we receive word about the next in-game event? I’ve been patiently waiting for a long time. And why is Reddit so popular with the Devs? Why can’t they communicate with us right here? We love all the Devs and don’t bite! Thank you for the latest updates.

No mention about loss forgiveness or mm fixes… of course, as usual

Well it sort of works. A course may have a finite set of data, but that doesn’t discount the fact that teachers can put out HOT-type questions. Idk if they don’t usually put out unpredictable questions in tests where you’re from, but I can see Darak’s point.

If it’s really that struggling like you say Darak, then the tourney commission or whoever organize this CCL can also just delay the finals and give their participants some rest and more time to preparation. This works both ways.

1 Like

Nope. Someone asked the ccl teams and they all voted to continue the games as planned. In fact, the teams didn’t care and were all FOR the games to go on as scheduled with or without blizzard saying anything.

So in other words it’s also not Blizzard’s fault here, but from the ppl in the CCL, if some people cannot adapt in that small time frame they have. It would be only Blizzards problem, if this tourney event were organized by them, but Blizzard don’t organize the tourneys, they just provide the engine / platform.

1 Like

Yes it sure is. I don’t mind, but so many people don’t read the patch notes, the first few days after the patch lands will probably be so painful. :cry:

1 Like

If they even TOUCH rag I will destroy all life

1 Like

I’d accept a Rag update if it meant a new skin, but I know it won’t.

The HoTS e-sport scene is irrelevant. AI players as the biggest group by far will hardly care, most of QM/Brawl players do not care. Not even all SL players will care, and that is the smallest playerbase of all the modes.

Heck i remember hearing that even other Blizz devs not working on HotS were rather surprised that HGC ever existed.

What you will lose players over though is delaying patches or making it´s content focused on an extremy small group of players doing stuff with heroes in an extremely artificial environment, killing the fun for 99.9% of the playerbase where the hero/ability was not an issue.

Good riddance e-sport patches, you will not be missed.

Funny, cause everything back then was heavily focused on the casual play :thinking:

1 Like