Extensive Guide to Forum Syntax

I’m pretty sure the friend requests were sent through battle.net and not in game in that case it’s always bugged for me, I had successful friend requests with Asia and NA players before but sometimes it just doesn’t work at all for some reason. :confused:

The Blizzard launcher app is also region dependant. You can check under your BattleTag (top right) to see what region it is currently connected to. One needs to change the region at the login screen of the Blizzard launcher app.

1 Like

Well the launcher being region depended is really dumb.

Did not know it had any smarts. :slightly_smiling_face:

But, what this allows is you to group and play in-game with friends from one region and chat with friends from a different region through Blizzard launcher app.

Amazing! Thank you, so much information.

Shouldn’t this be pinned tho? The Syntax Guide is very good but it’s missing many of this things.

PD: I’m a fan of yours Sami. :v

2 Likes

The syntax guide explains both markdowns and HTML but it misses few things, I might end up advancing this guide to include markdowns but then again I don’t really know all the shortcuts for them.

Also is it or the text’s font-weight got thicker?

1 Like

the font has been eating at mcdonalds :part_alternation_mark:

2 Likes

Do we have an underline option?

No?

<ins> does that but there’s no way to remove the green stuff sadly :frowning:

Also apparently the original thread for this stuff was unpinned :thinking:

1 Like

Ayy, thanks a lot! :grin:

1 Like

I have discovered a few tricks recently for tables in HTML, I will update this thread with this new data soon™, mainly focuses on aligning text and images on top of each other.

1 Like

Syntax Guide Patch Notes

New:

Backslash Escapes \

Stops any syntax from rendering and behave like normal text. Example:

\<b>Hello world!\</b>
\*\*Hello world!**

Results in:

<b>Hello world!</b>
**Hello world!**

Without Backslash Escapes:

Hello world!
Hello world!

Hashtags #

Even though Hashtags are meant for something else completely outside of here, in DIscourse they work as a way to link to other Sub forums, write down # then the Sub-Forum’s name to make a direct link to those who are seem kinda… lost in where to post specifically.

Example:

#general-discussion
#bug-report
#technical-support
#hero-and-skin-suggestions

Issues:

Requires text before the hashtag to work properly, remove the text after writing down the hashtag link should work normally.

Updated:

Text Alignment

Now renamed to Content Alignment, content of that section has been updated to resemble the title.

Image Preview:

No longer shows a line as an image preview, instead will show heart, only visible if thread was linked from outside the forums, (Like Discord or a different official Blizzard forums).

1 Like

Might b e good to explain trust levels.

1 Like

Will consider it in the FAQ I am working on adding, currently gotta sort out some stuff IRL, college to be specific.

1 Like

Priorities :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Sami, please. How can I post links that others can copy paste? I tried the code function, but that didn’t work.
I miss my 3 :frowning:

I have no clue, that’s the only way.

`link` should technically work.

I have added a FAQ with 5 questions I expect people to ask most of the time, please review and tell me what you think.

I am still amazed that this doesn’t work for me. I don’t know why.
But those FAQ are nice, I wish I had them back then. Maybe scale down the font size a bit, at least on mobile it looks oppressively huge.