Does anyone know how to control Anger?

I usually report people for toxic and hope they get banned. I also unless its a promotion or demotion game keep my chat disabled so I can’t get banned hopefully.

Thanks for making this thread! I’m surprised at how many thoughtful responses you received.

It’s just a game, and by design you should only win about half the time. We all would probably be ok with the losses if the games were mostly close though. I look at every game as a learning opportunity. How can I get better? Besides that I refuse to do voice chat with strangers, and I don’t type fast enough to chat a lot while playing. Dead people sure do type a lot, but I try to have very few or no deaths. I just ignore/report toxic people, they’re mostly immature children.

You could also get an aroma therapy bracelet and orange essential oil - its good for stress relief.

Or, physical exertion relieves stress - do pushups or jumping jacks.

Just do not take this game seriously, because it’s just to have a good time (winning) or a moment of rage (losing), I do not understand the truth because they take this game seriously, being totally casual, it was never competitive like those of the competition D … and L …

If a game is making you angry then the game is probably lacking considerably in many areas. We play games to have fun not rage but this game cultivates the most toxic of people. There was a time when HoTS was fun but it is long gone.

It doesn’t cultivate toxic people.

There are a lot of toxic people.

There’s a difference.

This world is full of ignorant people. Stupid people. Arrogant people. Narcissistic people. Shallow people. Blind people. Obtuse people. Blame-shifting people. Trolls. The list goes on.

It’s just that on the internet they can act on these traits more since they are protected by anonymity.

The way I deal with it is that I accept that these people exist and that my anger will do nothing to change that. Nothing at all.

Consider it like a rainy day. There is nothing you can do about it, and being angry about it wont help. If anything you’ll just annoy the people close to you if you go around being angry about the weather.

I am quite a calm and patient person, so my way is not for everyone, I imagine. As a frequent QM player, I very often see the clueless people who take horrendous talents that 100% are losing us the game or just in general throws the game. Like a Li Ming who goes orb build with Glass Cannon against a heavy dive team with a Tracer or similar. Being angry at this person wont help me or that person, as that person clearly has … certain problems.

5 Likes

I mean I just swear under my breath and move on. You won’t last long on any online game if you allow your anger to get the better of you, because you’ll encounter a whole lot of “questionable” plays on whatever game you play with a community. If you find yourself in such a fit of rage just take a break plain and simple, and again this applies to other games aside HotS.

E sport psych about tilt and how to conquer it

3 Likes

Play with music.

I religiously play Queen - ‘Show must go on’ on my first match everytime I play HotS… then I let Youtube do the rest…

I usually talk to myself about anything or hum made-up tunes when I’m tilted, so uh, if you want, try it?

You can also have a book beside you to read when you’re tilted, helps calm the mind because you’re focused on the words.

Or take a break from the game, watch cute cat vids and memes!

Think about how you messed up the past 5 years of your life and the next 3 with that too.

The depression will kick anger in the jewels pretty fast.

2 Likes

Simply because you will only mess with yourself.

I tend to laugh at horrible mistakes, most of the time even before it actually happens.

Laughing wont distract you from your own gameplay and makes you careless about mistakes you cannot control (e.g. your teammates mistakes)

Watch some Zaelia streams, i never seen a pro handling so good others mistakes.

1 Like

Smoke a hiphop-cigarette if you know what i mean…

3 Likes

The definition of cultivation I am using is: to promote the growth or development of. The cultivation of toxic players happens because the are no real consequences for bad behavior due to the free to play model. At the worst someone loses some cosmetic items and creates unlimited new accounts to continue their toxicity. This was a mistake in their design. F2p brought many people in the beginning but now the majority has left due to numerous ongoing and unresolved development issues.

Find the weakest link blame everything on them and try to get them mass reported because anger lol.

I forgot to mention one thing in my last post: Playing Dark Souls helped me get more patient :joy:

I use Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy (REBT) to keep my emotions in check.

Actual results may vary.

More like focus your anger on Dark Souls instead of hots. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey, in the end it helped somehow :joy:

1 Like