Do we have a beat on the next hero yet?

End of the month is here. Per Kaeo Milker’s post back on 12/21, he said he was going to look to give us an update on plans moving forward around the end of January.

While I’m not taking this as a “We expect a new hero preview NOAAAA!” kind of ordeal, I would like to find out if we’re going to hear something soon about the plans moving forward?

Can the CM or one of the Devs give us an update what we should be expecting moving forward?

So, we got Imperius. Now we should get hero reworks + new events soon sometime in February. Then we get another hero release.

I expect an announcement tomorrow about hero reworks if they are coming with a new event at 12th Feb :thinking:

1 Like

My bet is on an OW hero or something related to BFA (Queen azshara? Lady vashj? Old god?)

I’m leaning more towards Ow given the previous patterns of hero releases, OW hasn’t been hit up by hots team in a while.

My personal preference is Baal from d2 but I don’t think that’s happening til later if it does

“A beat?” Kodo Beast Support Hero confirmed! Lighthammer what do you know!? :smiley:

kinda seems like you’re pulling an LCD on what blue’s said here.

The quoted above is the extent of what has been conveyed thus far: imperious release, extended toy event, a ‘string of events’ and hero reworks between then and the next hero release. When plans are decided/finalized then they’ll post more.

We don’t have a reveal on the ‘next event’ (let alone a string of them) nor has their yet been a reveal of the next hero reworks. Kinda skipping b,c,d,e on your progression table there.

2 Likes

If they release that hamster ball, i’ll quit.

1 Like

Supposedly he has some very unique mechanics but yeah the hamster ball along w overwatch lore in general pretty much epitomizes blizzards nosedive in terms of massively inferior products in regards to plot, world building, consistency of characters etc…

I’m always torn because blizz games have been increasingly getting better balance, better support, better gameplay but the cornerstones of high fantasy/sci fi are just being thrown in the trash for simplistic character vignettes and Michael bay level of predictable unoriginal story (think Kerrigan the butcher of millions and cold hearted backstabber floating off in heart of the swarm like a Disney movie- and suddenly Zerg are good!! Or think of D3 looking like a cartoon)

Maybe i’m Blind, but I don’t see a solid date anywhere here…

We know so few details, it’s difficult to even speculate.

If ever they want an OW Hero, gimme Rein or Moira and I’ll be fine

no no no, REAPER.

Think about it, an assassin with ranged cleaves that deal damage as you get closer or a ranged trade oriented ranged assassin that would love nothing more to get in your face and beat your head in with 2 shotguns, gab skin for the deluxe.

My hope is for a Starcraft hero, just as long as they have “unnaturally long legs”, as that seems to trigger people. Sorry I’m feeling a bit naughty. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sweat_smile:

1 Like

:smiley:

1 Like

Rumor is the next hero is gonna be a HotS developer. They’re forced to go afk 3 years after the game starts.

1 Like