Counters of the Storm: Mei

I don’t know if I like Malthael against her with her blind and slow that bothers him.

But can’t you counter her E with a throw from Garrosh?

Yea, Massacre can also be limited, bit TS isn’t and you have your E what Mei won’t dodge.
I played against a lot of Arthases and Jainas (who imo are more heavy on slows) and I was fine. Imo, he will be fine against Mei too.

If you CC her during her E, her knockback triggers. Dunno how that interacts with his throw.

Throw is an instant cast projectile-type thing. Mei will fly regardless but you should also get knocked back.

Well, Malthael doesn’t struggle too much against slows if he can mark his targets. Mei has a blind, slows, a push, and a stun. That’s a lot more CC than the slows/roots Jaina and Arthas have.

If you’re able to keep people marked, he will be good against her, but the second you can’t keep up with her or are blinded and can’t mark, he will struggle a bit I think.

1 Like

I wonder if that’s intended. I would understand if she couldn’t reactivate it. But since she can this doesn’t seem necessary.

I think the risks beats the reward. Think you are much safer drafting a leoric or rexxar and hope your assassins arent potatoes

Mei can use her E to make sure you stay in her W

Why dont you need to bodyblock? He excells at that

He does. He really does

And you can use W, FtR and IE to deny that.

I don’t see a risk as Malth against Mei, but oh well.

Because you fear Avalanche and you can have Slows? You brought this hypothetical issue and I just said you’ll be fine without it.

Though not really a counter, and more of a trick:
Mei’s Crystalis |D| is a semi-free Frozen Pillar |1| for Kelthuzad. He also has Strip Shields… not too shabby vs Mei if you ask me.

Well yes, he can, but if he has enemies marked he has some mobility at least with his W especially if he takes Death’s Reach. Also I think if he takes the Fear the Reaper talent, he won’t suffer too much.

However if he’s rooted, blinded and has no one marked, he’s in big trouble. Add a stun on top of that and he’s probably dead. Ironic.

is this a dream or there’s actually no spam about Mei being so OP? is this the first hero that doesn’t get 100000 threads of complaints about it being broken while it’s not? :thinking:

4 Likes

I don’t feel like she’s OP at all. 10/10 hero release in my opinion. So much utility without feeling overwhelming.

4 Likes

So no drinking game? But its friday eve!! :sob:

Blizzard looks at highed level players. So people above lvl 10. They look at every rank (above silver) so they wont be too OP at low ranks. This is also why convection didnt get buffed

Have to agree that malth isnt good vs mei. If he press W he is a sitting duck. But where is my jimmy?

1 Like

Honestly, she’s not as OP as I expected (QM only). My main complaint is the slow and stun of Blizzard.

2 Likes

Rare if ppl spam complains about Healers and Tanks. Only Bruisers and Assassins can be broken /kappa

But I did read some complains in chat during games, like a Tracer said “no other Hero moves as much with a single ability” or that she deals too much dmg :'D

3 Likes

There is no reason not to get drunk, except you want to play HotS.
Don’t drink and drive play

1 Like

i find her so easy to deal with tbh so idk maybe she needs some buffs? and she feels pretty mana hungry too

looks like no drinking for us :sob:

Mei deals too much damage? coming from a Tracer? :woman_facepalming:

yeah well most of the complaints 99% of them are about QM so i’m glad you don’t find her OP as well :3

1 Like

To tell the truth I have not seen Mei nor in half of my games XD.

1 Like

I’ve only struggled with her when she throws me into the enemy towers with her snowball and when she combos well, whether its a solo combo or her comboing off other’s abilities. Other than that, its not hard to dodge her abilities. Even if she lands them they don’t do too much damage to kill you. Follow up is what I’m scared of, but any CC follow up is scary.

2 Likes

Of course, Mei is very easy to deal against :smiley:

2 Likes

She’d be so scary if they made her like how she is in OW. :worried:

2 Likes